Chapter Eight

You, Ed and Al arrived at the building after leaving Central. 

Long story short, there was a strong alchemic occurrence earlier this morning, and you three were sent out to investigate where Mustang believed it was coming from.

The building was tall, white, and worn down. 

Ed stepped forward.

"C'mon. We don't have any time to waste."

He  started walking.

"Wait up!" You yelled following him before he walked into the dark entrance.

Alphonse was behind you. 

There was about three stories total. That was your estimate.

"I'll take the bottom floor. Al, you take the second, and (Y/N), take the third. If anything happens, you need to call for anyone one of us. This building could be inhabited with the alchemists."

You and Alphonse looked and him, and then you looked at each other and nodded.

Edward smiled at you, and you couldn't help but accidentally stare. You looked away and headed up the stairs.

"I'll check in soon." You said.

The stairs were concrete.

Just as you estimated, there was only three floors.

It was just a huge brick, concrete building with study books, desks, locked drawers, and broken windows.

You reached the final step and approached the floor. There were lots of bookshelves filled with books. There were also other rooms on the third floor, but you decided to look at them later.

It smelled old and dusty. You were suddenly hungry, and you wanted to hurry up and finish looking.

You were almost done, and you didn't find anything interesting that could lead to a clue.

All the books were criminal records, alchemy books, and "how to" books.

As you got to the final room, you hoped for something good.

You walked in looked around. It was an empty room- no bookshelves, desks, or anything.

There was only a few things.

A big transmutation circle was drawn on the floor, and laying next to it was a white chalk stick.

There was one book laying in the floor, and it looked old. It wasn't dusty though, meaning someone was here. They left a lot of evidence. The drawing and the chalk dust left behind is fairly new.

You got down on your knees and picked up the book.

There was a small transmutation circle on the front. You opened it and started reading at the page it opened to.

You read aloud silently:

"Transmutation circles are the basic unit of alchemy and itself. They are used to destroy and create objects that are from different or the same material. Depending on what you are doing with the transmutation circle, there are certain limits on what you can do with it."

You already knew this information, but the word destroy stuck out to you.

You flipped through the pages, but nothing seemed unfamiliar to you.

As you turned the book in a different way, something fell out of it.

It was a photo.

Perfect evidence! Now you could find the culprit.