Chapter Twenty One

((A/N: I'd like to start off by saying a big thank you to everyone. We've hit 22k?! Jesus Christ, that's a ton! Thank you guys soooo much! I know you're already tired of me saying thank you all the time but I seriously love you all so very much!! I'm actually going to do a Thanksgiving Special since I missed Halloween :( I'm sorry! I have a good idea for Thanksgiving though, so I hope you'll enjoy it when the time comes! Thanks again for everything guys!!!!! <3))

"We've never had a Cameron Aldaine in the military system." 

Everyone was silent after Mustang spoke those words.

"T-That's impossible! Cameron.. he took us to Resembool.. protected us.. what do you mean he's not in the military system?!" You raised your voice.

Edward put your hand on yours, trying to calm you down without even looking at you. You let out some air and leaned back.

"Someone under that name has never been registered into the military before. We checked all of our records. Whoever was your guide to Resembool was an impostor. Your guide was supposed to be a man named Gordon Young, but he's been missing since we found out he wasn't with you. We're investigating the case as much as we can."

How is this possible? Cameron? An impostor? But he was with other men with him.. were they all impostors too?

"Mustang," You cleared your throat. You sounded devastated, and it made Ed and Al worry, despite how in shock they were. 

"There were other officers with the man who visited us. He said that we needed to come with us at first, but then came inside and explained everything about Scar. Do you mean they were impostors too?" You gritted your teeth.

Roy sighed and turned his head away from the mirror, focusing on the road. "Again, we're investigating. We'll let you know right away if we find anything-"

"Let us be on the case!" You said, suddenly. The car got silent except for the patter of the rain.

"Cameron was our friend. He protected us. There's no way he would betray us like that.. I want to know who he is and what was his real purpose!"

It got silent again after your final statement, and it stayed like that. Edward removed his hand from yours, knowing that you finally let out what all you had to say.

Edward seemed to fall asleep, but you couldn't. You just stared out the window, watching all the bright post lights as you passed by.

After fifteen minutes, Roy finally spoke.

"I know you're upset. I promise you, we'll find out whatever we can and let you know as soon as we get the information."

"Thank you, Colonel."

The rest of the ride home was silent. Not even Alphonse spoke up, not once. Ed's head fell on your shoulder, but you didn't bother to move it. You just kept thinking and thinking.

Who was Cameron? What was his purpose? His intentions?

However, soon the car stopped, interrupting your thoughts. You were in the middle of the road. 

"Mustang...?" You trailed off.

Then you spotted it. A man, running on the side of the road, into a field. There were other figures with him, but you definitely recognized this man.

You quickly got out of the car, forgetting that Ed was on your shoulder, and he fell and hit his head on the door.

"Ow! J-Jeez.." He said, but you didn't have time to respond, because you were already outside.