Chapter Nine

A homunculus?

No way...

It couldn't be!

"Surprised?" She said, stepping forward.

Each step she took towards you, you took a step back.

You quickly transmuted a spear, just in case she attacked.

She pursed her blood red lips. "Are you scared?"

You hesitated. You knew what a homunculus was. Before your father and mother went to Ishbal to fight in the war, they studied every aspect of alchemy they could get their hands on, including artificial human beings.

"No." You said, a tight knot in your throat. "Who are you?" You asked.

She smiled again. "My name is Fear."

(A/N: I decided to make an OC. What's better than your OC facing off an evil OC? Nothing, I hope. She'll be your main enemy throughout the book, but not your only one. Is this a good idea? Let me know! I really need your opinions... please...)

Fear...

That didn't sound like a feminine name. But you didn't want to underestimate her. You decided to play it cool, rough her up a little bit, and get back to Ed and Al with the photograph and book.

Easy, right?

You smirked.

"Okay. But it seems your in my way. Move."

Grabbing your spear tightly, you made the first move, aiming for her head.

She quickly dodged and jumped behind you, kicking your back.

She was fast.

You went flying a few feet, but quickly got up, transmuted, and surrounded her with spikes. She hesitated, and you took your opportunity to charge.

You did a super punch right to her face, then ducked as she tried to attack back at your upper area. With spear in hand, you were able to do damage to her legs, and she fell.

You backed up before she could do anything else.

But all she did was smile. That was the only thing she did while fighting you.

Suddenly, the deep cuts on her legs regenerated.

Your eyes widened with shock, frightened about what just happened. The color rushed from your face.

"Scared now?"

She didn't wait for an answer. She quickly ran up and super punched your stomach, making you fly back. She came up for another attack, kicking you in face several times. You struggled to swing your spear at Fear, but she kept coming back with another attack after every one of your attempts.

Landing on a big piece of rubble, you cried in pain.

Your neck ached badly.

Get up, you thought. Get up.. you have to complete your first job.. as a State Alchemist... 

But you were so weak. The only thing picking you back up was motivation.

"Getting up, I see? Well, I don't have time for you right now. Hand over the book and the picture, now." She said, looking bored. That made you mad. 

"No way. I don't give up that easily.." Suddenly, you clutched your chest, paralyzed for a second by the pain.

You clapped your hands and transmuted a sword. You didn't usually use a sword, but the bigger the blade, the better, in this situation.