Chapter Sixteen

You woke up to the smell of something delicious coming from the kitchen. It reminded of you of when Ed cooked breakfast for you that morning, so you thought maybe he helped Granny with cooking today. Ed had never liked cooking, but you guessed he got used to it, since he watched you cook all the time.

You forgot to change into pajamas last night, so you were still in the clothes you had on yesterday.

You decided to change into a simple (color) T-Shirt and shorts. You styled your hair the usual way you like to have it, and walked downstairs. Ed must have slept on the couch last night, because you had taken the guest room. He kind of let you have it, anyways. 

You walked into the kitchen, and found Ed, as expected, and Granny.

"Well, I was expecting this. I thought it smelled like your cooking," You said to Ed, sitting down at the table.

"Yeah, well I'm getting used to the whole cooking thing. I even cooked the bacon and sausage without burning it."

"Good job, Ed. Did Cameron ever make it back last night?"

Granny looked over at you. "Yes, he did. He slept on the floor in the living room. But as of now he's helping around the house. He insisted."

"Oh," You stated.

Ed grabbed a plate full of sausage, bacon, pancakes, eggs, and toast and set it on the table.

You grabbed what you wanted from the plate, putting it on your plate, and started eating. Soon after, Ed sat down with you.

"Where's Winry and Al?" You asked, taking a bite of your toast.

"I'm pretty sure Winry is upstairs finishing the auto mail for the customer that she had, and I don't know where Al is. I haven't seen him all morning."

As you continued eating, you and him occasionally exchanged glances, and started laughing for no reason. You and him had a weird, dysfunctional relationship that no one could understand but the two of you. It's just how you both worked.

By the time you were done eating, Granny decided to have you run upstairs and tell Winry to eat.

"Alright, I'll get her." You said, washing up your dish and heading upstairs.

You knocked on Winry's door before going in.

"It's (Y/N)."

"Uh, come in." She responded, her voice uneasy.

You opened the door to find Winry, sitting on her bed with her legs crossed, her hair a mess, and her room messy. You shut the door on your way in.

"Are you okay?" You asked, not sure what to say.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you.." She started.

You nodded your head, waiting for her to go on.

It took a while for her to get it out. She wanted privacy, so you made sure the door was closed all the way, and waited for her to talk to you.

"Well, there's just a big difference since you've been around. Ed... is different when he's around you. With me, it's just friends. Plain, old, simple friends. Alchemist and Engineer. But.. with you.. there's just something else. He treats you differently than me. I can tell he cares about you a lot.. but (Y/N).. I want him to like me more than that. I love him.. and I want it to be different with me and him.." She said.

It felt like a knife was stabbed straight through you. It hurt knowing Winry liked Ed just like you did.. and that could cause a lot of different feelings towards all three of you. This wasn't good. You loved Ed a lot, and you wanted him to be yours. But knowing Winry loved him too, it just made things different.