Chapter Four

As you lay across the soft bed, the sunlight touches your cheeks, warming them, as you slowly open your eyes. The sun shone brightly out of the window of your room in the hotel. Alchemy books were scattered across the room, and you remembered you were reading and studying late last night. You rose out of bed and put socks on because the hardwood floor was cold.

Then, you smelled something delicious. Who was cooking? It smelled amazing! Your mouth watered as you walked toward the door and opened the door. You looked at the now healing transmutation circle on your hand. Later today, you would cut your hand again. Tomorrow was the biggest day of your life, the State Alchemist test. 

You walked to the kitchen where the smell was coming from, of course. You saw Al near the stove. You recognized the smell as sausage, eggs, and pancakes. Al must have practiced cooking aside form his alchemy!

You instantly felt bad, though. After all, Al has been through a lot. He can't even smell or eat the delicious food he's cooking. Before approaching Al, you leaned against the wall and thought to yourself. You told yourself you were going to become a State Alchemist to help find the stone. To help Ed and Al get their bodies back.

Then, you put on a smile and walked in the kitchen.

"Good morning Al!" You sat down at the table.

"Good morning (Y/N). Hope you're hungry!" 

You smiled and nodded.

"Is Ed still asleep?" You asked.

"Yeah. Wake him up for me, breakfast is almost done."

You got up out of your chair and walked on the squeaky hardwood floor to Ed and Al's room. You opened the door slightly and peaked in. He was lying across the bed, arms stretched out. You laughed to yourself and opened the door all the way. You slowly walked over to his bed. He was shirtless, only wearing his usual black pants. His hair was out of a braid and in his face. Even though, he looked peaceful. You blushed and flicked him on the head.

"Hey shorty, wake up." 

Hearing that word, he instantly sat up.

"YOU TOO, (Y/N)!? Why does everyone call me short!" He put his face in his hands and got up.

You were three inches taller than him. When you lived in the shack, people called you short, even your boss. Being next to Ed, though, you looked older, and no one could call you short.

You laughed and patted him on his bare back. He was warm.

"Al made lots of food. Better come and get it before I eat it all!" You ran teasingly out of the room.

"(Y/N)! Don't you dare!" He yelled as you ran. You heard him jump off the bed and shut the door to get ready.

You were still in your (color) pajamas and your hair was still in a messy bun. You decided to get ready as well.

"Al, we're gonna get ready real quick." you told him before going to your room.

You took your hair down and brushed it out, leaving it down and (curly, wavy or straight) today. 

You took of your pajamas and slipped on a (color) short lengthed thin dress and (color) knee-high socks with simple (color) slip on shoes. If you were ever caught in combat, this dress wasn't bad to fight in. It was tight around the waist and the straps were tight as well. The socks never drooped down when you walked. Most of your old socks did that, and you would have to pull them up a lot. 

Once again, you looked down at the transmutation circle on your hand and had a flashback to when you were a kid. When Ed was crying. When Al was gone. When Ed's right arm and left leg were gone. When Ed was screaming for Al back. When you passed out from seeing all of that. It all seemed like a nightmare to you.