Chapter Thirteen

The walk home in the rain was awkward.

Did I really just hug Edward for two straight minutes? Sitting in the cold rain?  you thought.

Will things still be the same? Does he feel the same way? Your thoughts were clouding up your mind, and you couldn't focus on what was going on currently.

You followed Edward back to Central station, where you met up with Alphonse. Al was glad to see you were okay, and you told him how you were attacked.

Edward went to go tell the military officers about the strange man that attacked you. About seven or eight of them rushed out in the rain and headed where Ed told them to go.

While Ed was explaining what happened to Mustang, who had appeared outside to welcome you back, you had a talk with Alphonse.

"You know, before you ran off," Alphonse started, the both of you sitting on the steps where no one was around, waiting for Ed to finish having his conversation with Mustang.

"Ed was really worried about you. He was panicking. I've never seen him run so fast for someone like that.. he must really care about you. Don't forget that, we both care about you. Don't run off like that again, please. I know Ed made a mistake, and I followed.. but I'm sure he had a talk with you."

You blushed a light red before replying. "Yeah, we had a talk. I'm glad to know you both care. I care about you guys more than myself.. that's why I was so worried when you both were missing."

The rain started to calm down a bit, and so did the winds.

The tornado that was supposed to hit in your area had blown by quick. It destroyed about ten or eleven houses/buildings, but no one was seriously injured. Thank goodness.

"We'll make it up to you. This incident won't ever happen again. We're done being foolish with our actions. Brother and I will think more before doing something selfish to you like that."

"It's.. okay. I'm not mad anymore. Besides, Ed only did it because he wanted to protect me. He wanted to pay me back for protecting him last night. He wanted to go after him.. well, he finally was able to beat him."

"Yeah. He really does care about you a lot.."

You started blushing even more.

"Aww, (Y/N), why are you bluuuushing?" Alphonse teased.

"Shush, Alphonse!-"

"Hey! We're good to go!!" Ed called from far behind, where he stood with the Colonel.

"Okay!" Al called, and the both of you stood up.

The three of you said goodbye to Mustang, thanked him, and made your way home.

~~~~~~

You layed down in your bed after taking a nice, hot shower. You were surprised you and Ed weren't sick from the weather. Grabbing a book, you flipped your lamp on and began reading more about the history of homunculi, where the idea developed, etc.

But the more you tried to read, your thoughts took control, and you were distracted.

No wonder Ed wants to protect me.. I couldn't even defend myself against a single man!  you thought.

No no, don't think that. I was still badly wounded in a few places and weak. I don't even need Ed and Al, usually-

You stopped that thought immediately, and slapped yourself.

I do need Ed and Al. We'll be protecting each other from now on, as a team.. If I didn't have them, I wouldn't be where I am now. I need to prove to them that I'm able to protect myself a little more. Don't worry, it's just because of my disadvantages.. I'll be okay... I'll be okay.. I can protect myself.. I can protect Ed and Al... I can do it..