Chapter Fourteen: A Fourth of July Special

(A/N: Hey guys... I know you wanted to look forward to when you guys go to Resembool, but I wanted to start doing special holiday chapters around the holidays. So, here's a new special chapter for July 4th! I was sick this week and we didn't get to see fireworks because it was raining. Yeah, it sucked :(

But, hopefully this chapter will make up for it :) This chapter does follow where we left off in the story. I'll be editing the prologue and first few chapters a bit for spelling and grammar mistakes, but hopefully the next chapter will be here shortly, just hold on a bit longer ❤️

Thank you for 6.2k!! I love you guys!!)

You pulled off your covers, starting to get ready to go to Resembool. You had already packed the night before, so you were able to grab your stuff whenever you needed to. You didn't pack much- just some clothes, a toothbrush, and the usual stuff you would need for a vacation. You set your alarm for 7:30 so you could have time to take a shower.

You hopped in, washing your hair and body, and doing the rest of your needs. You felt really refreshed. Your wounds were almost completely healed up, and your strength was back. Now, it would be a piece of cake to fight.

You got out, got dressed (you pick your outfit), and went to go eat breakfast after blow drying your hair. 

You guessed that the boys were probably up by now. You walked into the kitchen to find Ed eating toast and Al on the phone with someone.

You smiled and yawned, making yourself some toast as well. 

"So, who's Al talking to?" You asked Ed, sitting down with him at the table with your toast.

"I'm pretty sure he's talking to Winry.. She's going to kill me! She'll probably throw a wrench at me or something.."

Al hung up the phone. "Don't worry brother, I just told her we were coming down to visit. You can tell her yourself about your arm."

"That's even worse, Alphonse! I'm so dead!"

You laughed. "Even so, it's still nice to visit. I'm sure they miss you two a lot. And hopefully they'll recognize me when we walk up to the house."

At that moment, the doorbell rang. You stuffed the remains of the toast in your mouth and went to go answer the door.

The leader of the soldiers told you that a guide would be taking you out of town. You wondered who it could be.

You opened the door to find the same military officer that spoke to you last night.

"Good morning Ms (L/N). Are you ready to go?"

"Hello.. um, I thought there was a guide taking us?"

"Yes, well, they were all too busy evacuating the others for themselves. So they considered me, and I'll be your guide."

"Alright. You can come inside. We're almost finished."

The military officer sat down on the sofa. You didn't notice earlier, but his deep brown eyes and his black hair made him look mysteriously handsome. 

"Ed, Al! Hurry up!"

"Coming.." Ed grunted, grabbing his luggage, along with Al as well.

The four of you walked out the front door, locking it. The military officer walked in front of you, leading you to the train station.

The weather was starting to get better. It was cloudy, but the sun was still out.

As the four of you walked through town, you noticed everyone was acting strange.