Chapter Ten

You woke up with a warm washrag on your head. You were under several blankets and it felt like it was a thousand degrees, wherever you were.

You had a bad headache.

Where am I? What happened?  you thought to yourself.

But in a split second, your eyes widened as you remembered everything. Every little detail of what had happened was stuck in your mind, like a picture frame.

You had the answers to both of your questions. You were in your room at the hotel that you, Ed and Al were staying at. You had passed out form the poison and injuries from Fear. 

You tried to sit up, but the pain just felt worse. You bared it and got out of bed. You were still wearing your laced shirt and shorts, but your socks and shoes were off. You gently took the warm washcloth off your forehead and placed it on the bed, next to where you were asleep.

Your forehead and your stomach were bandaged up. You weren't that badly beaten up, so you were able to move around and stuff.

You walked towards the door and gently grabbed the handle. Being honest with yourself, you were scared to open the door.

Facing your fears, however, you managed to open it and walk slowly from your room. 

You heard Ed's voice coming from the living room. You didn't want to eavesdrop, but you couldn't just plug your ears or something.

"I'm really worried about (Y/N), Al. This is the second time she's been hurt, and it's only been her first assignment.." You heard Ed say in a sad tone.

He was really worried about you?

"I'm worried too, brother. I don't want to see her hurt like this often. Her injuries must have hurt her a lot, because she was unconscious and everything.."

Then you remembered that you had to tell them that it wasn't your injuries, it was the poison.  

You were scared. Would they not request to do assignments with you anymore? Were they going to make you stay home when they had to something so you wouldn't get hurt? You were a State Alchemist. You have to do things for the military!

You decided it was time to make an entrance.

"Hey Ed, hey Al." You said, smiling as you walked in.

You took a seat on the left side of the sofa.

"(Y/N), are you okay? Do you feel alright?" Ed asked. He sounded worried.

"Listen guys, I'm okay. I actually needed to tell you something."

You explained to them how you fell unconscious. You wanted to remain conscious, but the poison was too much for your body to handle. Your body wasn't used to poison or any kind of medicine whatsoever.

"When did that girl inject the poison?" Al asked.

"Well, my hypothesis is that she did it when she kicked me in the face a couple of times and sent me flying onto a big piece of rubble from the building. That's when my neck started to hurt. When the gas was going off, I felt around my neck, and touched a bright green substance. I read about some of the toxic poisons when I was studying for the alchemy exam, so I recognized it. Bright green coloring usually means that it wasn't made for killing. Just enough to make the victim tired and drowsy. But judging on my condition, there must have been a lot of chemicals involved." You said. You felt weak.. but you couldn't let that get you down. You were awesome.. and you knew it!

"So... how long was I out?" You said after some silence.

"Well, you see..." Ed started, looking scared for my reaction.