Chapter Twenty Three

(A/N: Christmas special next chapter! I'll actually upload it on Christmas! I'll type it on Christmas Eve most likely. But here's the next chapter! Enjoy!)

"Brother? Have you calmed down yet?" Al yelled from the bedroom. 

Al's voice had somehow woken Ed from whatever state he was in, because he had quickly stopped leaning in to you and got up quickly.

"Y-yeah! We're- I'm fine!"

He helped you up, but you were still in shock.

(I'M SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER, YOU GUYS WILL KISS SOON I PROMISE I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY DON'T HATE ME I LOVE YOU!! omg you all are gonna hate me, all the people that said they loved the book are gonna take it alllll back and go read something else, I've screwed up. i never use correct grammar in the author note things kms)

Your heart was still going at a rapid rate. While Ed looked away, you ran to your room, shut the door hard, and locked it. You didn't mean to shut it too hard, but you were freaking out, inside and out, and it reflected on your actions. Sliding down and sitting against it, you tried to calm yourself down. But his face at that moment stuck with you like glue, and you couldn't shut your thoughts off. 

His golden eyes.. his soft lips.. 

Why didn't I just kiss him? I had the chance to kiss Edward Elric! Why didn't I do it?  You thought to yourself. 

That's right. I was..

Scared.

You honestly couldn't believe it. You weren't scared of the dark, spiders, or mostly anything for that matter- however you were scared of kissing the love of your life.

To you, it just didn't seem reasonable, but you could understand yourself a little bit. Maybe not just scared, but in a more distinct way, you were scared of being rejected. I mean, who wouldn't feel awkward after kissing someone and they don't love you back? Especially since you both were so close.

However..

Your eyes widened, remembering that he started to lean in. It wasn't a coincidence that he was leaning, obviously. He was leaning in for a kiss before you could even pick your head up from the floor and do it yourself.

I.. have a chance. If he leaned in.. he must like me back. It wasn't a mere coincidence he started to lean in, and it wasn't my imagination. The next chance I get, I will take it. 

"(Y/N)? You okay?" 

It was Ed's voice.

You panicked, forgetting you were right against the door. You slowly scooted away quietly before answering. "Y-yeah! I'm f-fine..! I just need some time by myself! I'm pretty tired."

Lying straight through your teeth was one of the things you hated most, but what else could you say? You didn't want to face him just yet, especially after that incident. So.. why was he so calm? There's no way it was your imagination that he was going to kiss you. No way!

Maybe he was just worried about you, since you slammed the door. It did take a few minutes for him to come to the door. 

You needed to calm down. There was a bottle of water by your bedside, and you went to go grab it. But as you got up and walked to your bedside, you noticed a book sticking of place from your bookshelf. But looking at your bookshelf reminded you even more of Ed, since it was a present from him. Nevertheless, you went to go fix the book anyway. But you noticed that the book looked untouched, and the title of the book was, "Locations of Amestris".

 Have you always had that book? Maybe you didn't care too much about it and just never noticed it, since the bookshelf came with most of the books.

You grabbed it and pounced on your bed, grabbing your water bottle and laying down. After all, the book could help you with the case. Using the information you already knew, you looked at all the locations in the book, but couldn't seem to find anything suspicious.

Until, you saw a certain photograph. You didn't notice it until going through the book a third time. The photograph was of an alley, and the area around it looked pretty abandoned. You spotted a woman with long red hair and dark eyes. Of course, that could be anyone. But looking more closely, she wasn't alone. There were a few men behind her, dressed in all black. But one man specifically caught your eye. Black hair.. brown eyes.. and the same facial structures of Cameron. And you recognized the other man too! It was the man at the building who tried to kill you! 

The photograph you found at the building.. could it have been a picture of the location? So he, or they, could remember where it was at? If not, what could have been so important for him not wanting you to see it at all? 

This seemed almost too suspicious. When was this book even written? You flipped through the pages to find the date of the publication.

6 months ago?!?! You made sure you were looking at the right date, and to your surprise, that was the only date listed, and it even had the word 'publication' in big letters next to it. The date it was written was only 6 months ago.

You found it! You couldn't believe it, but you found some sort of clue to the location of Fear, and possibly Cameron!

You grabbed the book and unlocked your door before running into their bedroom without knocking.

"Edward! Alphonse! I found a clue!"

They both looked up at you as you walked towards them. They were both sitting on the bed, as if they were talking about something. When you walked near Ed, he started getting very red. It made you remember what had happened earlier, but you brushed it off for now and explained everything and your reasoning. 

"Now that I think about it, that man didn't want any of us to see the photo. It makes sense that it could have been the location." Alphonse stated.

"Yeah, and that photo can't be a coincidence. Remember? There was a tattoo on Fear's hand." He pointed at her hand on the photograph, and you could barely see it, but there was something on her hand, like a design.

"Good eye," You replied. "Should I call Roy?"

"That'd be a good idea. It's kinda ironic that he was going to call you to give you information, but here you are, solving the mystery!" Al said happily. 

"Yeah, good job! We probably wouldn't have ever found it without you." Ed said as well.

"Thanks guys. I'll be right back." You went into the living room to dial Mustang. 

Upon answering, he at first said he was busy until you said it was you. You explained everything to him, and he sounded shocked. 

"Good work, Crimson Blood- I mean, (Y/N). We'll get a group of soldiers ready right away. But due to Christmas coming up, we might not get anyone till after New Years. But, whatever you do. Please don't go alone with Ed and Al. It's too dangerous. Just wait till we get a group ready."

You smiled. "Don't worry. I'm anxious to find him, of course- but I can be patient until a group is ready. If I find out anything else, I'll give you a call."

"Okay. Have a good night." He replied, and you hung up.

You didn't realize it yet, but a very big battle was coming up. 

And it wasn't just going to be a happy ending.