Chapter Seventeen

The three of you jumped back by instinct. Your senses could tell he was dangerous. 

And the worst part was, Ed didn't have both of his arms, so he couldn't transmute! It was just you and Alphonse.

I'll protect you, Ed. Don't worry. That's why I'm here..

You guessed he was thinking about wanting to be able to do something, but he knew he couldn't. 

You quickly transmuted a spear to defend, just in case he attacked out of nowhere.

The light breeze of the warm night air made you calmer. You had your fun today, and you knew it was time to get serious. You took it really well, changing atmospheres all at once. Well, it's all part of being a State Alchemist.

Ed tried to get in front of you, but you pushed him back and gave him a look. You were trying to tell him through your eyes that it was going to be okay.

He stayed back this time, but still kept his guard on.

"You've come to kill us?" You asked in a serious tone.

"That is correct. But maybe God will forgive you for your sins once I destroy you."

"I won't let that happen!" You yelled.

You weren't around any houses, sadly. You were on the long part of the walk to the Rockbell's where it was nothing but grassy fields and an open, dirt road.

Although there were crickets chirping, the faint sound of birds, and the whistle of the wind, you weren't able to hear anything. You were calm and prepared for anything.

Scar immediately charged at you, head on, with no weapon.

You instinctively blocked his attack. You were thinking more than you ever had, and your reflexes were amazing.

Alphonse helped you fight him, but his attacks were becoming more and more effective. But you weren't going to let him catch up to you that easy. 

"If you're going to interfere, then you can die as well!" He shouted at Alphonse, catching him off guard, giving a powerful push into the ground.

"Alphonse!" You said, and you were almost attacked as well. You quickly moved to dodge, and was able to hit him in the chest with the backside of the spear.

He fell was a little, but he quickly got up and kept coming at you.

He hasn't been able to touch you yet. That was a good thing.

Alphonse got up from the small crater in the ground and continued fighting. He had good hand to hand combat skills, and you did too. The difference between the two of yours was slight, so that left you at an advantage, at the least.

He started to back away for a minute. Was he ready to give up?

"Alright, enough playing around. I'll show you what I can really do." He said.

You slightly gasped in fear. He had a look in his eyes that was dangerous. If he was just playing around..

Then you had to step up your game. And you knew just how to do it. 

You cut you arm with the spear, and got ready for his attack. He looked confused on to why you injured yourself, but he was prepared to attack at any moment.

Reaching his hands out for you, he charged. Was he trying to grab you?

You closed your eyes and concentrated before he could reach you, clapped your hands, placed them on your arm, and transmuted a blade form your blood.