Chapter Twenty Six

You thought it would be simple- run after the man that had mentioned the meeting, having to do with Cameron, and make him answer your questions.

But you were wrong.

Turning around slowly, you saw two strange looking people. Well, if you even counted the first one as a human.

A big, bulky man with the top part of his face darkened. He had a weird tattoo that started on his left arm in a line shape all the way up to his left eye, which was red. He wore black overalls that reached around his big body, and oddly enough, chains on both of his arms.

The other person was a lot smaller, however you couldn't tell if they were a girl or a boy.

His/her hair was nowhere near normal. With green, spiky hair pointed downwards and a headband over their forehead, their purple eyes stared at you with such amusement. They also wore a shirt that covered the top part of their chest, and a short black skirt/robe. 

"My my, the Crimson Blood Alchemist herself?"

You didn't lower your guard. "Who are you and what do you want?"

"What's with the temper?" The green-headed person smirked. By now, you were just going to make the assumption that it was a boy.

"I'm busy, and I don't have time to play around with the both of you. If you don't have any business with me, get lost."

"Oh, but we do. Well, to be exact, with him." He pointed at the man that you had chased after. which was behind you, against the alley wall and quivering with fear. Was he afraid of them? Were they connected somehow? Are these people in charge of Cameron's group? All sorts of questions raced through your head as you tried to focus on what was going on.

"What do you want with him?"

"I should be asking you the same thing."

Ugh. This guy was getting on your nerves. The big guy just stood behind the green-headed boy, silent, like he was waiting for something.

"Would you like to know who we are?" The boy said, smirking. 

"Well, I wouldn't mind knowing, if that's what you're asking."

He smiled with his teeth and turned sideways, to where the side of his left leg was visible. 

But what you saw made you panic and your eyes widened with fear.

Just below his skirt was the same tattoo that Fear had on her hand. 

You backed up a whole step, and your thoughts began to race.

Are they homunculi?! What did they have to do with Cameron's group? At first, back at the building, one of Fear's men wanted to kill us.. was it because he thought we discovered what was going on up there? But afterwards, Fear said she needed Ed, Al and I.. and these two just mentioned they needed me too.. and I was almost kidnapped by Cameron's group..

They've gotta be connected somehow. 

You were slowly putting the pieces together, but you couldn't focus on it for long. 

The green haired boy stepped forward, which made you slightly flinch.

"Envy sir, please don't hurt me! I didn't mean to be too loud! Have mercy, I'm begging you!" The man behind you pleaded. He sounded so afraid..

Just what are these people capable of?

"No can do. You know the rules and the the caution you had to take, but now you've got a State Alchemist on your tail! Guess it sucks for you." 'Envy' said with enthusiasm.