Chapter Two

Since Haven wasn't a big town, you, Ed and Al had to walk out of the town and through the forest to get to the train station. Good thing the sun was still out. The forest was full of life. Lots of trees, small animals, and a nice, wide flowing river, splitting the forest. You walked along the river bank and looked into the crystal clear water. There were pebbles at the bottom, reddish brown and bluish gray, resting and reflecting their color. There were small fish swimming near them, too.

"Don't get too close," warned Alphonse. "You might fall in!" He joked and looked towards Ed, who was looking down, not paying attention.

You smiled and continued walking till sunset.

You weren't in the Haven forest anymore. You were in a much bigger town by the name of Namane. It was more dangerous because there is another town with the a nice size prison in it. But the guards at the prison are terrible at their job, and lots of criminals escape and jump into boxcars on the coal train and get dropped off in Namane. Buildings were closer to each other in Namane, which meant more alleyways. Which of course, meant more trouble.

You've heard of this town before, and the things that happen here. You were a little scared.

Don't worry, you thought to yourself. Everything will be okay... right?

You looked at the clock near the bench where you were sitting at. It was 7:05. You looked around the station. There were two openings, where the bathrooms were, and a small water fountain between. There were a couple of benches, and a caution sign where the parking tracks were for the train. It started to get cold in the room. You used your hands to warm your arms, but you couldn't help but chatter your teeth.

Ed looked up. "Are you cold, (Y/N)?"

You smiled and shook your head. "I'm okay."

He then reached over and grabbed one of the sleeves of his red cloak and pulled it off. He handed it to you, staring in the other direction.

"Here, take it."

You started to blush so you took it quickly and put it on.

"Thanks," you murmured.

He must have heard you, because he slightly smiled.

"Why is Al taking so long?" Ed asked after a moment of silence between you and him on the bench.

Al had went to go buy tickets for the next train ride to Central.

"It's been ten minutes... should we go check on him?" You insisted.

"Nah, he should be back any minute."

A few more minutes went by, and Al still wasn't back.

"Alright, we seriously need to go check on him. The train gets here at 7:25, and it's already 7:20. If you don't want to go, it's fine. I know where he went to buy tickets." You didn't wait for an answer and you started to walk off, with Ed's warm red cloak wrapped around you. It looked good with your (H/C) hair, you had to admit.

You heard footsteps behind you. You turned to see Ed. "Can't let you go alone," He said. "You might get lost and we'll never make it to Central."

You started to feel stupid. Why didn't you ask Ed to come with you?

You found a double doorway and a sign above the doors that read:

CITIZENS TICKET BOOTH

NO UNAUTHORIZED INDIVIDUALS ALLOWED

Ed didn't hesitate. He went in and you followed. The hallway was dark and silent, and it went a long way down. Your footprints echoed through the hallways, as if they followed you both, too. Ed stopped when he reached a door. He pushed it open, and what you both saw was surprising.