Chapter Thirty

Short A/N: Hey guys! So, I want to do something special for 50k. Any ideas? A shoutout, possibly? A writing contest? A special chapter? Q&A? Maybe a face reveal? Let me know in the comments please! Love you all! 

Since the alley was narrow, you let Ed in front of you to lead. Not that you didn't want to lead- but, you really did feel safe when he was handling things. It was kind of a reassurance for you. 

Before you guys left, Ed created a couple of torches from alchemy and lit them. You weren't sure how long the stone hallway would be, and it would get dark quick when you moved away form the light, so making torches were a smart idea.

When Ed took the first step, everyone lined up in a line, with you behind Ed and Al behind you, following the rest of the soldiers.

 Alphonse had to be quieter than usual, since he knew his footsteps would echo. He was also very tall and his armor might hit the top of the stone ceiling and create noise. Hopefully, this wouldn't be much of a problem. 

As you predicted, the secret alley was pretty long. It was a good thing you had torches with you, or it would have been very difficult to see or do anything.

But nothing would have prepared you for what came next.

During the walk, suddenly, Ed stopped. 

"What?" You whispered.

He turned his Ed gently to look at you. "The walls are slowly getting wider. We're reaching something. Be on your guard." He whispered back.

You nodded as he continued to walk. 

As you walked, you noticed that Ed was right. The walls were starting to grow further apart from each other. You were getting closer and closer to something, and you were ready to take on any of Cameron's soldiers or the homunculi.

However, someone- or rather, something, had other plans.

"Uh, miss? There's an interesting pattern on the wall over here that looks strange. I'm not sure what it could be." A blonde haired man said out of nowhere.

You looked over at Ed, who looked slightly confused. You were confused too. Knowing yourself, you would have seen it before. But maybe you just missed it.

"Okay. What is the pattern drawn with?" You asked, as you walked over to the soldier.

"I don't know. It's faint, but it's definitely a pattern. Come take a look."

He pointed at the wall. Something was drawn, but you couldn't tell what it could have been. You got closer to it to examine it more.

But suddenly, as you were focusing on what it could be, an arm wrapped around your neck in a choke hold, completely covering your mouth as well, and turned you around, facing everyone. The blonde held up a gun against your head with his other free hand.

"Back up and put your weapons on the floor, or I'll blow her brains out."

Unable to speak, you glanced over at Ed. He wore this look you've never seen before. It was a mixture of shock, anger, and slight fear/panic. Knowing Ed, you could tell why he was like this. He was obviously shocked because of the betrayal, and probably angry at himself for letting that happen to you. He knew something was off about that guy, but he didn't say anything, and he was angry at himself. The fear was probably seeing you in danger.

You wished you could tell him it wasn't his fault, and that you fell for it as well, but you obviously couldn't.

Alphonse remained calm, but decided to speak. "I figured something was off about you, but I couldn't tell what. Who are you?!"