Chapter Six

You woke up in your room, with Ed, Al, a few military officers, and someone who looked very familiar surrounding you.

Your eyes fluttered and the pain immediately came back to you. 

"Ed?" You managed to say.

He smiled. "Are you alright? You put on quite a show back there."

A show?

He saw you beat up those men?

"Huh? What do you mean.." You said softly.

Suddenly, you were wondering why military officers were here.

And then, you recognized the familiar person.

It was King Bradley!

You couldn't believe it!

"Okay, what's going on...?"

"Mrs. (F/N) (L/N), correct?" Bradley said.

You nodded.

"This might shock you, but that was your alchemy exam. Let me explain. I called Ed and Al in to tell me more about you. Colonel Mustang was telling me that a girl who was friends with Edward and Alphonse wanted to take the exam. We haven't had a female State Alchemist in years. We were also given the information that you needed to find something special about your alchemy to get a title. We saw the whole thing. Those men were actually trained S-Class soldiers of my choice."

You couldn't believe it.

"But, now that we know that you can control your own blood at will, this will be very interesting. We're sorry about your injuries. You did an outstanding job. One of the best alchemy exams we've ever succeeded in doing. We'll help you get treated for a full recovery and you don't need to take the written test. Actually, Ed came up with the idea for the exam and reported it to Bradley."

Ed came up with the idea?

You were still confused.

Was this really happening?

"Why not?" Your voice trailed off.

"Because you already passed."

Those four words made you happy.

"Thank you so much..."

King Bradley and the other soldiers smiled.

"We'll be on our way. Get some rest. Your ownership documentation is on the table, along with your State Alchemist pocket watch for identification."

And with that, King Bradley and the soldiers were gone.

Ed and Al were still standing beside you.

You sighed as you heard the front door shut. 

"Edward," You said, sitting up in your bed.

He looked at you.

"What were you thinking? Making up an exam that could have had me killed? Why would you do that? It could have been a simple written test and exam. But I got hurt because I wanted to protect you. The men that fought me? They said they were looking for you. Like they wanted to kill you. That made me angry. Don't get me wrong though, Edward. I'm very happy I'm a State Alchemist now. Now I can help you guys get your bodies back and help the people of the world. But I would never, ever put another person's life in danger so they can accomplish something."

All those words came out at once. You didn't even hesitate. It's like you were reading a script.

He looked down.