Chapter 27:

Beck's POV:

Will pulled up outside the front of the house and I hopped out with Alexia still in my arms. Her breathing was getting shallower, and I was starting to worry about her injuries and worried if she might have internal bleeding. Considering that it was late, almost two in the morning, most of the pack members were asleep. But when I opened the front door, My mother, father, sister and the other girls were waiting on the staircase.

"Oh my god, he has her!"

"Alexia!"

"Oh goddess what happened to her?"

"She needs the pack doctor. Now." I spoke gruffly and moved past them to run up the stairs. I burst into the infirmary and looked around.

"BLAKE!" I yelled.

"Alpha. What happened? Is that the Luna?" He said rushing out of an exam room.

"Yes. Please, help her her injuries are bad and I don't know if she's bleeding or not I just got here as fast as I could. Blake I can't lose her." I stammered he nodded and held his hands up in a soothing gesture.

"Ok for now, let's get her on a gurney, and I can take her to an exam room and see how bad she is and I'll fix her up right away." He said gently.

"Good. Yes. Let's do that." I said nodding and carried her over to a nearby gurney.

"Beck... I know you're in protective, possessive mode and you're freaking out right now, but I need you to stay out here. You can wait just outside the room, I'll leave the door open and everything, but I need to focus and I can't have you distracting me." he murmured.

I thought for a moment. He must have seen the battle I was having in my mind and the longing in my eyes because he followed up with, "It's what's best for Alexia."

"I can be right outside the door?" I confirmed and he nodded, "Okay then," I grumbled. He nodded and immediately began wheeling Alexia into a room. I stood on the very edge of the door way and watched him closely. First, he strapped an oxygen mask around her face to help her breathe easier. He lifted her shirt and closed his eyes at the sight of the bruises on her body. He pulled on a pair of gloves and pressed a few bruises lightly. She whimpered in pain, but never cried out. He checked a few cuts on her front and then the lashes on her back from her beatings before cleaning them all with alcohol and stitching them up.

"Infection is a big concern right now. I'm guessing she wasn't staying in the most sanitary conditions? Who knows what kinds of bacteria she was exposed too. As a were she would normally fight all of this off on her own, but her wolf has gone dormant again." Dr. Blake explained to me.

"Do you have any idea when Rhea will come back?" I asked and he shook his head sadly.

He opened her eyes and shined a light in them, and repeated the process with her ears, throat and nose. All along he muttered things like "pupillary response is good," or "throat is extremely scarred from screaming. "

He began wheeling her out again, when I stopped him.

"Where are you taking her?" I asked in a panicky voice.

"Calm down, Beck. I need to do a CT scan, and MRI and take some X-rays to make sure everything is okay inside. Is that alright?"

"Yes. Go." I said quickly, nodding and running my hands through my hair.

"I'll be back in a minute," he murmured. And indeed he was back in a minute, but without Alexia.

"Where is she?"

"It's alright, she's just with the nurses getting her images done. I'll go get her in about ten minutes. But for now I want to talk to you." he said and led me over to a group of chairs. "I want you to take a couple deep breaths. Alexia physically is fine so far. There are no life threatening injuries that I can see externally. If all goes well with images, she will make a full recovery. How I honestly have no idea. She shouldn't have survived."