Chapter 20:

Alexia's POV:

It was around nine o'clock when I finally woke up the next day. I stretched and slowly cracked my eyes open. When the sharp sunlight, reached my still sensitive eyes, I snapped them shut again. I turned and reached to cuddle into Beck, but the other side of the bed was empty. I turned and opened my eyes to see that I was alone. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked around and saw that Beck was not sitting on the couch on the other side of the room or at the desk nearby either. I stood up and stretched once more, and looked around me. I walked over to the desk and saw a note on its surface.

Princess-

Sorry I couldn'tt be there when you woke up. There was some quick pack work that I had to take care of. When you wake up come see me in the office. I miss you already, love. I have surprise for you.

Love, Beck.

I smiled down at the note and made my way over to the bathroom. I took a look at my reflection in the mirror and took in a whole bunch of smudged makeup and tangled hair. Sweet lord I looked like I had gotten hit by a truck....several times. I quickly poured some make-up remover and swiped it over my eyelids, before washing my facce in the sink. I ran a brush through my knotted hair and pulled it back into a ponytail. I quickly went to the bathroom, washing my hands, and brushed my teeth.

I walked back out into the room and shivered. I hadn't woken up in my mate's arms and I found i was a lot colder. Funny, to think how much he affected my entire life. I went to the closet and pulled out his Yale sweatshirt, slipping it over my head. I padded down to his office and his door was slightly ajar. He was bent over his desk, scribbling furiously in a file, a frown etched on his face. He sighed and rubbed his forehead with the heel of his palm. I knocked, smiling softly and his head snapped up to look at me. He broke into a grin and put down his pen.

"Good morning princess," he smiled. "C'mere" and opened his arms.

"Mornin'' I murmured and bounded over to jump in his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my lips. We took a minute to study each other, and I frowned. I could tell just looking at him that he was stressed and he had dark circles under his eyes.

"Why are you frowning?" he asked concerned.

"How much did you sleep?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him. He looked away.

"Enough," he mumbled.

"Beck, what time did you wake up?" I sighed. He scratched the back of his neck.

"I don't know six or seven." he muttered.

"Beck, you came in at like two! You have to be tired! Come back to sleep baby," I said and pulled him up. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me back down with him.

"Sorry princess, no can do. I've got a busy day today." he murmured, kissing my neck. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Speaking of last night...Do you remember what happened when I came in last night?"

I blushed and looked away. He had seen me when I was weakest. In the middle of a nightmare, I had absolutely no idea what was happening to me or where I was. I was embarrassed. He probably thought I was crazy.

"Hey, no, don't be embarrassed. It's okay baby. I just want to make sure you're okay. I was scared, princess,you wouldn't wake up. I hate seeing you hurting and upset." He said lifting my chin to look at him. I nodded and looked down.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "They just take over. I have no control over it. I have no idea what's happening to me."

"No don't be sorry, princess. Can I ask what your nightmare was about?" he murmured.