Chapter 10:

Alexia's POV:

I trudged along down a heavily wooded path behind Beck, who was holding my hand. The boys plodded along behind us, pushing and shoving and rough-housing. Beck would here someone yelp in pain and would just shake his head and chuckle. We had walked for about 10 minutes, when suddenly the path opened up to a clearing.

In the clearing stood a huge barn, old and weathered but still standing. There were tthree outdoor rings, some with jumps, others empty. There were a couple pastures, some had a few horses in them grazing. My mouth popped open and I looked all around me. Beck was watching me with an amused expression, which quickly changed to shock when I started pulling him towards the barn.

"Woah easy there killer!" he said trying to pull me back to him.

"Beck, come on, let's go!" I whined, pulling at his hand once more.

"Someone's eager," Justin said coming behind Beck and walking past me into the barn. I pouted and looked at Beck.

"Don't give me that look." He said. "Alexia- no..not the...damn it. C'mon you can see the horses I just want to introduce you to someone." He pulled me into the barn, and away from the rows of stalls into an office. The office was next to a huge indoor ring, where there was a guy riding a huge thoroughbred. "Morgan, hey this is my mate Alexia. Alexia this is Morgan, the stable master," Beck said pulling my gaze away from the ring.

"Hi Alexia, I'm Morgan! Nice to meet you!" a girl with dark red hair, that looked about 19 said holding out her hand.

"Nice to meet you as well. Please call me Lexi," I replied, shaking her hand.

"So you like horses, huh?' she asked.

"That's a bit of an understatement. I love them. I've been around them my whole life."

"When did you first learn to ride?" she asked.

"I first got on a horse when I was six months old with my dad. I started riding alone when I was 2." Her eyes widened. Beck stared at me.

"Oh wow, so you know your way around the barn then?" I nodded. "So do you want to pick out who you're going to ride? Atlas, is warmed up already Alpha." I nodded eagerly.

"Oh she's not riding today Morgan, but thank you, would you mind helping Ryan find and saddle a horse to ride?" My face fell.

"Of course, Alpha," she murmured before leaving.

"Beck why can't I ride? I know how!" I said.

"Princess, I don't doubt that you know how to ride, but you need to rest. You could rip your stitches or fall and I dont want to take that risk." he replied wrapping his arms around me.I laid my head on his chest and sighed in discontent. "Dont be sad sweetheart you'll have plenty of time to ride. Now c'mon" he said guiding me out of the office. He led me down the row of stalls, about half way down he turned and pointed into the stall.

There stood a beautiful dapple grey horse. "This is Atlas, my horse." Beck whispered in my ear.

"He's stunning," I whispered reaching up to pet him. He nickered and leaned his head into my chest. I laughed and scratched his neck. Beck grabbed a lead rope and clipped it onto his harness. He unbolted the stall door and walked him out.

"Here hold this for me while I get him saddled up." I nodded. Wait a minute-

"I thought I wasn't riding today?" I called. Beck came out a minute later.

"Oh, princess you're not, but I am." he replied with a wink. My jaw dropped.
"Beck! That is so not fair! C'mon just a quick ride! Pretty please."
"No, I'm sorry baby but your still recovering. I'll make it up to you I promise." He said kissing my forehead. He had finished saddling Atlas, and had taken the lead rope from me. We walked to an outdoor ring and saw Ryan standing several feet away from a tall Percheron, looking quite nervous. Beck opened the gate to a ring and led Atlas inside. Morgan led thee Percheron in behind Beck and Ryan followed slowly.
Beck swung up into the saddle, and adjusted himself in the seat. "C'mon Ryan, get up there." He called.
Ryan gulped, "Um how exactly do I do that?"
"Put one foot in the stirrup and swing your other leg over to the other side," Beck said with a chuckle. Ryan looked up at the horse nervously, but did as told. The other boys leaned up against the fence of the ring, but not me. I climbed up and sat on the top rail. From here I could see Ryan shaking, poor thing. I watched Beck as he gracefully cantered around the ring for a few laps.
"Alright Ryan you have to walk him for four laps around and then you can get down, ok?" Ryan nodded under his helmet and nudged the horse to walk. The horse started walking and Ryan paled and yanked on the reins. Everyone laughed and he turned red. He tried again but pulled the horse to a stop.
"C'mon Ryan you can do it!" I called.
"Uhh... N-no I don't think I can." He called back.
"C'mon Ry, don't be a baby!" Carter shouted. Beck had stopped cantering and was watching from the opposite end of the ring. I sighed and hopped of the fence. Beck's gaze snapped to me as I walked across the ring. The boys stopped laughing as I made my way to Ryan, who was shaking.
"Ryan, you ok?"
"No I can't do this Lexi." He said panicking.
"Ryan listen to me breathe, you can do this. Did anyone ever teach you?" I murmured. He shook his head.
"Well no wonder you're nervous you have no idea what you're doing! Let me help," he looked at me hopeful. "I'll lead you for a lap or two. After that you have to nudge him softly with your heels so he starts moving. You're going to want to rock your body with him, and keep your balance. To get him to turn, you have to tug gently on the reins in the direction you want him to go. Ok?" He nodded. "Good, let's go. I'll be right here the whole time so don't panic." He nodded. I clicked my tongue at the horse and grabbed the strap of his bridle under his chin. Ryan nudged him and we started to walk. We passed by Beck and he was staring, completely entranced. "Alright, turn him left up here, there you go." I murmured. I looked, at Ryan and he was starting to relax. We finished the lap, and started the second.
"Ok Ryan, in a minute I'm going to let you go. You can take it from there ok? Then you have two left and your done" I said as we approached the finish of the second lap. He paled and nodded numbly. I let go of the chin strap of the bridle and stepped away. Ryan tensed but continued. He sat stiffly in the saddle but started his third lap.
"Ryan relax, he can feel your tension. You're doing great!" I called. He nodded and visibly relaxed. He finished that lap and started his last. As he turned the last bend of the fourth lap, a broad smile broke out on his face. I walked over to him and held onto the bridle of the horse, so he could dismount. Ryan hopped down and looked at me, grinning madly.
"Ryan you did it! That was really good! How do you feel?" I asked.
"Amazing. Thank you so much Lex. I would still be standing there without your help." He bent down and gave me a peck on the cheek. We heard a growl, and Ryan laughed. Beck trotted over, patting Atlas's neck. "Good job little brother, but paws off my mate," he said bumping fists with Ryan. Ryan laughed and nodded, leaving the ring. The boys whooped and clapped him on the back and they all turned to watch Beck gallop a few more laps. He moved so gracefully and lithely around the ring. He turned a bend and pulled Atlas to a stop next to me. He hopped down and came over to me.
"That was amazing princess. Thank you. You don't know how much that means to me." He murmured and kissed my lips. I blushed and he continued, "you're going to be a great Luna, I can already see it," I blushed again and wrapped my arms around his neck. He chuckled and bent down, kissing my temple. We soon heard teasing from the boys and Beck laughed. "I have a surprise for you." I looked up at him, confused. Without another word, he picked me up and lifted me, placing me in the saddle. I looked at him in surprise, before a huge smile spread onto my face.
"Don't get too excited, we're just gonna walk a few laps and I'm going to lead you ok?" I nodded eagerly and he murmured a soft "C'mon, easy boy." To Atlas. I felt so at ease and comfortable in the saddle I couldn't help but laugh in spite of myself. Beck chuckled at my amusement, but all too soon my laps were over. I started to dismount.
"Woah woah where are you going?" Beck turned to look at me, a mischievous smile played on his mouth.
"Um, getting down?"
"Not so fast, babe." He said, and put a foot in a stirrup and swung himself up into the saddle behind me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and grabbed the reins in his other hand. He nudged Atlas into a canter and then a gallop. He was guiding Atlas straight towards the fence of the ring.
"Beck what are you-?" Suddenly Beck jumped Atlas clear over the fence. I was laughing and Beck tightened his grip on my waist. Nothing felt better than being on a horse in the arms of my mate. He pulled Atlas to a stop by the guys who were all grinning.
"Show off," Damian muttered and Beck let out a loud laugh. He hopped down and then reached up to pull me out of the saddle.
"Thank you Beck that was amazing," I whispered, leaning up on my toes to reach his ear.
"Anything for you princess," he replied with a wink. Morgan came out of the barn and took the reins from Beck, leading Atlas away. "Who's hungry for breakfast?" Beck asked and all the boys started shouting. "Alright alright you animals let's go." Beck scooped me up in his arms, and took off running. " Last one to the house has to make breakfast!"
Naturally, being the Alpha, Beck was the fastest, and we made it to the house first despite my additional weight. The boys trudged in with Hunter being last. He groaned and hung his head.
"Hmm, what do you want for breakfast babe?" Beck asked,looking down at me. We were all sitting at the breakfast table, while Hunter stood in the kitchen glaring at us. I had tried to sit in the seat next to Beck, but he had dragged me back so I was sitting in his lap.
"Ummm how about pancakes?" I asked.
"Perfect. Hunter get going, I have a hungry little girl over here." Beck said pecking my lips.
"Yeah hurry. Hunter before I lose my appetite." Carter muttered.
The guys started talking about pack business and we heard Hunter making a racket in the kitchen. Being in Beck's arms, curled against his chest, I started to doze off , the dull roar of the kitchen only making it easier.
"Princess, wake up breakfast is ready," Beck whispered in my ear. I groaned. "C'mon sweetheart you can sleep after you eat." Sighing, I opened my eyes. I picked up my fork and started to eat my pancake. "Good girl."
"These aren't bad, Hunter." Justin called, "who knew you had talents?"
"Asshole," Hunter replied taking the seat next to me and Beck. I had my fill and put my fork down. Beck looked at me, once again with his eyebrow raised.
"What now?" I groaned.
"Three more bites." I shook my head. "C'mon, three more."
"Beck no. I'm full."
"You know you have to eat more, sweetheart." I shook my head again. "Lexi," he growled, "three little ones. C'mon."
"Why."
"Because I said so."
"Nope, not happening," the other boys had stopped eating and were watching intently.
"Lexi...." He warned.
"Beck." He spun me around in his lap so I was facing him.
"I will not hesitate to tie you down and force feed you."
"You wouldn't dare!" I gasped. "Don't even think about it!" I tried to slip off of his lap, but he held me in place. "Beck let me go!" He ignored me. And picked me up, placing me on the floor. The boys were howling with laughter, as I thrashed around. Before I could get up, he straddled me, growling playfully.
"Lex, I'm going to count to three and then I'm force feeding you." I started to struggle, "One." I tried to push him off of me, to no avail. "Two." I glared at him, crossing my arms. "Thre-"
"FINE! For the love of all that is holy I'll eat the goddamned three bites! Just get off of me you're so heavy!" I cried, fed up. "You big bully."
"Bully? Me? No, what I do, I do out of love." I rolled my eyes, "oh and it's all muscle baby." I shook my head as he got off of me and helped me up. "And another curse princess. What are we gonna do with you?" He led me back to the table, but before I could sit down, he slapped my ass. I whirled around, my eyes wide. I opened my mouth to yell at him. But he pulled me down into his lap and shoved a piece of pancake into my mouth. I growled at him again.
"Feisty, I like it."
"You're evil."
"Yup. Open up." I swallowed my last two bites of pancake and crossed my arms. "All done. Now was that so hard?" I ignored him. "Awwww someone's pouting. Poor baby." I growled again.
"Are you two always like this because this is entertaining," Justin snickered.
"She's got spunk. I like it!" Damian laughed giving me a high five. Beck smiled at me and went to kiss my cheek, but I turned away.
"Hey that wasn't nice!" He tried again, but I kept dodging him.
"You're being punished."
"For what?!"
"Being mean."
"Wimp." I stuck my tongue out at him. "Fine I'm sorry I was mean. Am I forgiven?" Damn those puppy eyes.
I sighed. "I suppose," and he kissed both of my cheeks. I giggled and pushed him away. I yawned and rubbed my eyes.
"Wanna go lay down?" I nodded and he picked me up again. "Nap time for the little girl." I growled at him narrowing my eyes, "I mean the tough, big girl."
"That's better."
He carried me through the halls, up to his room. He pulled back the covers and he placed me softly in the bed. He tucked me in and wandered into the bathroom. He came back with a glass of water and a white pill.
"These are what Dr. Blake prescribed for you. I have to go do some business in my office. I'll come check on you in a little bit." He kissed my forehead after I swallowed the pill and took the glass from me, placing it on the nightstand. I was already dozing off, so he walked out of the room, closing the door softly. It wasn't long before a deep sleep overcame me.
***********************************************
Hey people! I'm so sorry I didn't get to update yesterday! It was my birthday and I was out celebrating! But thank you so much for reading! We reached well over a thousand reads! I'm so incredibly happy! I never believed I would make it this far! Next chapter, I'm warning you is gonna be a sad one! But it will be happy again after! Again thank you for reading! Remember to read vote share comment and all that good stuff! Thanks loves!
Mwah mwah mwah love you all!
- alwayslovve486