Chapter 7:

Alexia's POV:

He sighed and peered down at me, running a hand through his hair. I watched the movement, noticing the muscles in his arms flex. He flashed me a smirk, he had noticed me checking him out. I blushed in embarrasment and focused my gaze to anywhere but him.

"Alright what do you want to know?" he asked a lazy smile stretching across his face as he crossed his arms behind his head. I stared at him.

"Umm....Everything would be nice..." I said trailing off.

"Well what do you know?" he asked looking at me "Innocently". He was seriously enjoying this. He liked hearing how little I knew.

"I already told you- my dad told me that I would meet someone called my mate, but that's it." I said, glaring at him. He grinned wider and nodded.

"Ok well, let's see. God, I don't know where to start...I've never had to do this before..." He said rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Well a mate is basically someone's soulmate. A gift given to wolves by the Moon Goddess, Celene. Their other half. The person that completes them and makes them whole, by balancing the good aand bad in them. Wolves need their mate like they need air. Once you meet your mate, you start to feel the mate bond. Which draws you to them and brings you together. That's why," he paused and lean downed so we were face-to-face, "you feel safe around me, you feel comfortable. The sparks you feel when I touch you," I blushed and opened my mouth to protest, "Don't deny it, I can feel them too. The way you feel when I leave your side. How you crave our contact- All of these things are because of the mate bond" he whispered.

"It's our wolves calling to each other, drawing us closer together. And it is the best thing that ever happens to wolves."

"How do you know you've found your mate?" I asked.

"Well, you smell them first typically before you see them and your wolf goes crazy. Then when you make eye contact with them for the first time, that's when it starts and the bond starts to form. And then form there you start the mating process."

"But I didn't smell you before I saw you, how come?"

"Well wolves can't feel the beginnings of the mate bond until they're 18. Not to mention your wolf is dormant right now. But had your wolf been healthy, because I'm over 18 you would have smelled me."

"What happens if you don't want a mate?" He narrowed his eyes at me and clenched his jaw. "Hypothetically, I mean. I want a mate.. I uh I was just wondering ... nevermind." I responded quickly.

He sighed, "If you dont want a mate, you can reject them. But that doesn't always destroy the bond. Only does it work if the couple has no hope of working out. If they still have a chance, their wolves will grow more restless and they'll yearn for their mate and want to be closer than ever to them."

"Beck what's the mating process?" I noticed here he got nervous and wouldn't look at me.

"Well, it starts when the guy marks the she-wolf" I was about to interrupt when he held up a hand to stop me, "Wait, wait wait I'm getting there. A mark is made when the guy bites the she wolf, usually right here," poked the spot where my neck meets my shoulder, and my skin was set ablaze. "and a pattern develops in the skin, kind of like a tattoo. It's a way for the guy to stake his claim and send a message to the other wolves. Then I can feel your emotions and you can feel mine." My mouth popped open.

"Is that it?" I asked suspicious.

"Er, well no there's something else...Once I mark you I can hear your thoughts." he whispered.

"YOU CAN WHAT??"

He chuckled. "Calm down, Calm down. It's like the pack link, but just between you and me. And you can always block me from your thoughts. Why? Nervous I'll hear you thinking about me all day?" He said throwing me a wink. I blushed and looked away. "Andthenwemateandibiteyourmarkagainandthebondissealedpermanently." He rushed out quickly. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. We had to... He had to....What?