Chapter 16:

"Ok, your favorite color?" Beck asked me. We were laying in bed, my head on his bare chest, his arms wrapped around me. It had been about a week since i was presented to the pack. We were playing questions, getting to know each other better. So far I had learned that his favorite sport is football, his family owns a private island in the Pacific, and he went to Yale. I paused and thought for a moment.

"Forest green," I replied. He laughed. "What?"

"I'm sorry that's just not what I expected." he said still laughing.

"What did you expect then?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"Well pink or purple..." He said shrugging.

"Why because im a girl?"

"No you said you were daddy's princess, princesses like pink and purple."

"Ahhh no nott this daddy's girl. Dark green is safe, calming, makes me feel at home. What about you?"

"Black." he said simply.

"Like your soul?" I teased. His mouth dropped open.

"That was not very nice princess." he growled and pulled me so I was straddling him. He rolled over so he was over me and began kissing my neck.

"I only speak t-the truth," I giggled and he started tickling me mercilessly. "F-fine! Beck! O-ok I'm sorry!" he chuckled and kissed my neck once more before rolling over onto his back.

"Your turn," he whispered.

"Biggest fear?" I asked raising an eyebrow. I don't think he has one. He didnt answer me. In fact, he wouldnt look at me. "Beck?" He didnt repsond. "Ahem. Hello?"

"Clowns," he muttered looking away. I burst out laughing and he glared down at me.

"Cl-Clowns?!?!!" I stuttered between laughs.

"Is something funny?" He said glowering.

"Just the big bad Alpha's afraid of clowns!" I said, still laughing. He blushed and looked away.

"They're scary. They wear scary makeup and are too happy." He mumbled.

"Awww poor baby, don't worry I'll protect you from the scary clown!" I said pinching his cheeks. He growled.

"Fine! What's your biggest fear?" he said. Now it was my turn to get quiet. "Ohhhh, there's something."

"Shut up."

"Ah ah ah, not so fast. Spill."

"Spiders." I whispered. "And thunderstorms." After a moment, I finished. "And the dark." He burst out laughing. I glared at him. "It's not funny Beck! I have legitimate reasons."

"For the last two you do, but not the first one," he said still chuckling.

"Yes I do! Spiders are creepy as all hell! They have too many legs and eyes, and some are poisonous! Unlike clowns!" I shot back at him.

"Watch your back princess, now that I know what you're scared of, you never know what might happen." He said grinning wickedly. I paled and he laughed. "Speaking of getting scared. It's almost Halloween."

"And?"

"Aren't you excited?"

"I don't know, my old pack never really celebrated Halloween." He looked shocked.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, my dad was kind of stern with everyone but us. He appeared cold, but he really wasn't. We never really celebrated any holidays."