||Chapter 4||

'Ave, look.' Leah said pointing frantically up the street.

They both looked and saw none other than Steve Rogers walking out of an alley with Bucky Barnes.

'Probably got pummeled again.' Leah muttered.

Avery, being the ballsy one, walked towards the men happily.

'Hi, we're lost.' She said flashing a cheeky grin.

Bucky gave her the up down as Steve nervously rubbed his neck. He was still small so Leah instantly knew if they stuck with him, they'd find Howard and Abraham.

'Where you girls from? Those clothes look exotic.' Bucky said smirking.

Leah rubbed her face. She never realized the looks they'd gain from their modern attire.

'We just need directions to Howard Stark.' Leah said budding in.

Bucky let out a laugh and nudged Steve.

'Good luck finding him. He's in town for the future exhibit, maybe we can treat you girls.' He said smiling.

Avery was about to accept when Leah overpowered her answer.

'We can't tonight.'

Bucky frowned slightly before walking away with Steve.

'Just because you want to find Howard doesn't mean we need to say no to a double date with Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes!' Avery hissed.

Leah waved her comment away and slapped her forehead angrily.

'We should have given Steve our information!' She said.

'Well, I'd love to but-'

'Avery, not in a "hit on him" way! He's gonna be with Howard soon if this stupid world is like the movie!'

Avery grumbled before walking back towards the apartment.

'What're we gonna do?' Leah breathed.

'Relax and let the answers come to us?' Avery chimed.

Leah angrily plopped on the couch and rubbed her face.

'What if we change the movie by messing with this.' She asked.

'Well, the movie was already being messed up when Abraham showed up at our door!' Avery snapped.

'I don't want to go through this with someone who keeps snapping!' Leah replied bitterly.

They sat in silence until Avery broke it.

'What if we apply to do that job Peggy does.'

Leah blinked a few times before an even brighter idea popped in her head.

'We can apply as Howard's assistance and be there for Project Rebirth!'

Avery broke into a wide smile and high fived her friend.

'You're brilliant.' She said poking Leah's forehead.

They grabbed a typewriter, their neighbor had an extra, and started on their resumes.

'There's no way he won't hire us.' Leah said happily.

Avery had fallen asleep a few hours before so Leah set the papers down happily and made her way to her own room. Tomorrow would be an interesting day.