||Chapter 21||

It had been two months since the girls got sent back to the 40's and with every growing day and person that learned about their predicament, they seemed to lose a memory about the world of Marvel. Leah and Howard seemed so close to figuring out the final details yet still so far. They grew a relationship that could have confused even the smartest of people. Their greetings included hugs to kisses right back to awkward waves. Neither one had spoken about making their relationship official so they were left in a exasperating in-between stage.

Avery and Bucky on the other hand had become best friends due to Steve growing closer with Peggy and Leah always being at work with Howard. The girls never noticed the change from the first Captain America movie because, just as Leah had shown her concerns for, their memory was fading. Why? They couldn't be sure but all that seemed to matter was getting back to the world they belonged in, or thought that did.

'Ave-' Bucky said sitting down next to her.

She looked at him and smiled.

'Yeah, Buck?'

He rubbed his neck nervously, even if it was unlike him.

'Well, Steve and Peggy-' He began before Avery felt a pang of jealousy.

Sure, she'd tried to push her crush on Steve away but when he came by the visit and she caught sight of the new and improved Steve, it was hard to deny her attraction to him.

'Hmm?' She questioned once she realized Bucky had been speaking as her mind drifted elsewhere.

He sighed and closed his eyes before speaking so fast Avery was shocked.

'WillYouGoOutWithMe?' He sped through.

She took his hand and laughed lightly.

'Buck, you're going to need to slow down.' She said smiling.

He sighed and spoke slower, just as she told him.

'Peggy and Steve are going dancing this weekend and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me as a double date type of thing.' He said shyly.

Avery beamed and nodded her head. It was time for her to truly forget about Steve and give Bucky the chance he deserved after two months of being there for her even when her best friend wasn't.

'I'd love to, Bucky.' She replied smiling.

Bucky grinned back at her before pecking her cheek and running towards the door.

'I'll pick you up at seven this Saturday, Doll.' He said before opening the door and running out.

Avery smiled at his excitement before thinking about whether or not Leah would want to go with them.

'She's dating a genius, I think she'd good.' Avery mumbled before walking towards her room to search for an outfit. She knew she'd need something to make herself stand out compared to the British beauty that was Peggy Carter.

*

'Howard-' Leah called from the other end of the lab.

'Yes, Doll?' He called back.

Despite not making it official the two acted like an old married couple. He walked over to where she stood and nearly passed out.

'Leah, we're so close to figuring this out! You guys will be back soon!' He said hugging her and spinning her around.

She gripped onto him and he frowned despite the success they were having with the project. He really didn't want to lose Leah, even if she was meant to be in another time. He knew he'd need to do something to make her stay, even if it meant pulling a few strings.

----------------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad