||Chapter 24||

Leah had fallen asleep on the couch so when she heard the front door slam she jolted awake. She looked over, expecting to see both Avery and Bucky, and was greeted by a sloppy looking Avery.

'Ave, what's wrong?' She asked when she saw her best friends mascara stained face.

Avery looked at her as if she'd never met her before. Leah instantly grew anxious. Sure, they'd been forgetting some stuff lately due to the time warp they were in but never did they think they'd forget each other.

'Ave?' She repeated stepping closer.

She got a whiff of her friend and realized that Avery wasn't forgetting her but was extremely tipsy.

'H-He loves me.' She said as tears fell from her eyes.

Leah simply nodded to show she was listening before bringing her friend to her room.

'He left though; I need to forget about that Steve guy.' Avery continued to ramble on.

Leah got a comfy pair of pajamas for her friend before grabbing some water and pain killers for her in the morning; she knew Avery would need it.

'Lee-' She called out as she left.

'Yeah, Ave?' She replied.

'I love him too.' She slurred.

'I know, now, get some sleep and we can talk in the morning.' Leah said before closing the light and shutting the door.

She walked to the kitchen and made herself some tea until she heard a soft knock on the door. Nervous at first, she got up to see who it was.

'Peggy?' She said frowning.

'Hi, Steve insisted that I let Avery know Bucky is alright.' She said smile halfheartedly.

Leah nodded before saying her goodnight's to Peggy and closing the door. She wasn't sure what happened on this double date but she was sure that it was very dramatic. She sighed and rubbed her temples trying to ease the headache that was forming due to the confusion and stress. Being flashed back in time was hard enough without having a drunken best friend and a scientist as your boyfriend, or not boyfriend, whatever they called each other these days.

-----------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad