||Chapter 8||

Leah had fallen asleep on the ride back to her place. The warmth of Howard's jacket and the sense of safety she felt when around him was enough to put her out like a light.

'Leah-' He whispered lightly shaking her.

She merely groaned and snuggled deeper into his coat.

'Babe, we're here.' He said shaking her once again.

When she didn't budge he simply smiled lightly and told Jarvis to wait a little longer.

'I'll bring her in; she's got to have a roommate.'

He picked her up bridal style wrapped her tighter in his coat so the light layer of snow wouldn't wake her from her dream filled sleep. He kicked the door as his way of knocking since his hands were full, literally.

'Wha- oh.' Avery said opening it.

She looked at the sleeping form that was Leah and smiled slightly.

'Thanks for brining her home.' She said opening the door for him to enter.

'It was my pleasure.' He said setting her down on the couch.

'I just wanted to say sorry for not hiring you.' He said looking at the ground.

'It's fine, you've got yourself a keeper in that one.' Avery said nodding towards Leah.

'I really do, don't I?' Howard said looking longingly towards the couch.

Avery smirked at his obvious liking towards her best friend.

'I'll get your jacket-' She said before he stopped her.

'It's fine, she's getting more use out of it than me.' He said smiling before walking back to the door.

'Aren't you going to say goodnight?' Avery joked.

He turned slightly red, unlike him yet still cute, and walked over to Avery.

'Not to me, to her.' She said laughing.

He walked over to Leah and leaned down, kissing her forehead lightly.

'Goodnight, Doll.' He said softly before nodding to Avery and leaving the house.

Avery sat on the opposite couch and smiled lightly, who knew Leah and Howard would end up together after all those years of her joking around with it.

'Howard-' Leah mumbled causing Avery to laugh.

'You better be having sweet dream after meeting your crush.' Avery joked before getting up and going to her own room.

It was entertaining just to thing of the confused aftermath Leah would be left in waking up on the couch wrapped in Howard Stark's jacket.