||Chapter 6||

Leah's heart skipped a beat and the one and only, Howard Stark, marched on stage. She was a horrible dancer so she tried her best to back off stage.

'Don't you dare-' Avery said through the clenched teeth of her smile.

Leah smiled awkwardly and was linked arms between two dancers when she spotted Steve and Bucky in the crowd. She flushed a deep red when she saw Bucky pointing towards them as if he'd seen them before, which he had.

'The future is now!' Howard said happily.

The other dancers let go of Leah and she fell back only to fall right off stage, perfect.

'Are you alright?' One of the stage men said.

'Better now that I'm out of there.' She mumbled.

She took a seat off stage and watched the rest of the presentation.

'And the car will fall in 3, 2, 1-' She muttered and sure enough, the floating car fell to the ground.

Avery kept glancing at her from the side and Leah kept waving her off. The presentation finally ended and Leah scurried to Avery.

'Are you alright?' Avery asked rushed.

'I'm fine but we need to-' Leah began until Avery froze.

Leah furrowed her brows and turned around to see Howard Stark smiling down at her.

'Saw that fall you took, you alright, Doll Face?' He asked taking her hand and kissing.

Leah blushed a deep read and stumbled over her words.

'It's lovely to finally meet you, Mr Stark.' Avery said budding in.

'Please, call me Howard.' He said winking.

They both giggled before someone called his name.

'Mr Star- I mean, Howard, we'd like to apply for a job at Stark Industries.' Avery said quickly.

Leah hastily handed him their resumes and he read over them.

'Leah?' He asked.

Leah's face perked up slightly.

'Mhm-' She hummed.

'I'll take you but Avery, I think you've got a future in showbiz.' He said tucking the resumes in his jacket.

'Meet at my estate tomorrow and we can figure out the details. Goodnight, Doll Face.' He said kissing Leah's hand before walking away.

Leah squealed happily and turned to Avery hoping so share in her joy. When she turned however, she found a loathing Avery.

'Ave, what's wrong?' She asked.

'He didn't hire me!' She scoffed.

'But even if one of us got hired we'd be a step closer to figuring out how to get back!' explained.

'You can't accept it.' Avery said crossing her arms.

'Excuse me?' Leah snapped.

'You heard me.' Avery replied.

Leah stared at her best friend and huffed.

'I'm accepting and that's final.' She said before marching away.

'Don't wait up because I'm not coming home!' Avery called over.

She turned around and saw Bucky walking towards her.

'Where's Steve?' She asked.

'He went to conscript again.' He explained.

He noticed how sad she looked and tilted her head towards him.

'I never caught your name.' He whispered.

'Avery Clark.' She muttered.

Bucky smiled and linked arms with her.

'What do you say we go dancing?' He asked.

Avery brightened a little and obliged to follow him. The thought of Leah far from her at the moment.