||Chapter 19||

Leah jolted awake and looked around to see her surroundings. She heard a groan before she was pulled back into someone's embrace. She looked over and saw Howard snuggling her close to him as he peacefully drafted back to sleep; that was new. She sighed and rested her head against his chest as he continued sleeping. After a little while longer she decided to wake him up.

'Howard-' She cooed as she turned to face him fully.

He stirred but merely scrunched his nose up. Leah laughed slightly before she pecked his lips softly.

'Five more minutes-' He grumbled.

Leah sighed and gave up before sitting straight. She looked around and noticed her shoes by the door. Trying not to make a noise, she stood up and made her way towards them.

'Wow that hurts my feelings.' A voice said from behind her making her jump.

She spun around and saw Howard sitting up and grinning.

'Usually girls wait until breakfast to leave me.' He continued.

She rolled her eyes but pulled her boots on anyways.

'When do you want to start working on getting Avery and I back?' She asked.

He stood up and walked over to her, hugging her from behind as she straightened her clothes in the mirror. He leaned his chin on her shoulder before nuzzling into the crook of her neck.

'Whenever you want.' He murmured.

She sighed and held his hands before spinning around to face him.

'Howard, we should get to work right away.' She said softly.

He sighed in understanding and let go of her.

'I'll get changed and then we can get to work.'

He was about to leave when he opened the wardrobe close to the door.

'Feel free to wear any of this to feel comfier.' He said before finally leaving.

She walked over and pulled out one of his simple white dress shirts and some strange dress pant like things before walking towards the washroom to freshen up. Today was going to be a stressful day filled with experiments and news.

*

'Coffee?' Avery asked as Bucky rubbed his tired eyes.

Avery had let him stay over as they both waited for word on Leah and Steve. He grunted his thanks as he took the cup from her hands.

'You should get some sleep.' She said softly.

He looked at her and a flash of anger flew before his normally blue eyes.

'How can you be so calm about this all? Our best friends could be dead for all we know!' He exclaimed.

Avery knew that she needed to tell him, but how?

'Bucky, there's something I've been keeping from you.' She said taking his hand.

He took it away and glared.

'Go on, say it.' He huffed.

She knew he wouldn't be like this if he knew Steve was okay or if he'd gotten a decent night worth of sleep.

'Well, Leah and I met Dr Erskine a little while ago because he appeared in our house and-' She paused when Bucky looked at her with wide eyes.

'He broke in?' He practically shouted.

Avery took his hand once again but he let her hold it this time.

'Well, Bucky, he told us he created time travel and when we didn't believe us he took us back in time.'

Bucky's mouth fell open before he shut his eyes.

'Avery, tell me the truth.' He explained.

'I-I am.' She replied unsure where to go from there.

He let go of her hand and rubbed his face.

'This really explains a lot.' She heard him say.

She looked at him quizzically before he opened his fingers and looked at her. Finally, he lowered his hands.

'The gadgets that you said Leah tinkered-' He started.

'-or the game of truth or dare.' He added.

She smiled awkwardly waiting to see what he'd say.

'Avery, I just wish you would have told me earlier.' He said frowning.

'I know but this isn't exactly easy for me to tell someone I'm some alien from the future.' She said laughing despite the tears that had fallen.

Bucky smiled at her before reaching out and washing her tears away.

'How do you guys plan on getting back?' He asked after a moment.

'Well, that's the thing, I'm not sure if I actually want to get back anymore.' She said looking down.

-----------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad