||Chapter 15||

I'M GONNA PUBLISH THE NEXT 2 CHAPTERS ALL AT ONCE BECAUSE I'M GETTING PUMPED THAT I NO LONGER HAVE WRITERS BLOCK! ALSO, THIS BOOK IS GETTING MORE READ/VOTES THAN I EVER THOUGHT IT WOULD SO THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH! WHY DID I WRITE THIS IN CAPS? NOT SURE..

-sabrinademelo xx

----------------

Leah walked into the strange, unfamiliar building next to Mr Jarvis when she saw him.

'Abraham?' She questioned.

The scientist spun around and smiled.

'Leah-' He said with open arms.

She sighed deeply before walking at a brisk pace over to him and hugging him. She didn't want to hug him but it'd be easier to whisper in his ear during the embrace.

'You need to help us get back.' She murmured.

'I can't, Darling.' He said back in his thick German accent.

She pulled back and looked around to make sure no one was looking at them.

'And why is that?'

'I didn't mean to transfer you two ladies here.' He whispered.

Leah rubbed her temples before sighing.

'Can you at least try?' She finally said.

'From getting the job with Mr Stark I'd say you could help me.' Abraham replied.

Leah smiled at him before Howard walked into the room clapping his hands.

'You've all made it!' He chimed looking around, his gaze lingering on Leah longer than the rest.

'We'll discuss this later.' She hummed to Dr Erskine before standing at her post next to Howard.

He went on to talk more about the project until he welcomed Peggy forward to speak about their client; Steven Grant Rogers.

'Glad you could make it-' Howard murmured from the side of his mouth.

Leah looked at him and grinned before they got lost in each other's dark eyes.

'-and now Mr Stark will carry on.' Peggy said stepping back slightly.

Howard continued looking at Leah before she awkwardly cleared your throat and he snapped out of his daze.

'Mr Stark-' Peggy said nodding slightly.

She stepped back and raised her brows towards Leah before they both grinned at the stuttering genius. Why was he stuttering though? He was so close to kissing Leah the day before but took his chance away. She pushed the thought out of her mind before listening intently to what the plans were. She might be doing this all for hers and Avery's well being but Steve's safety was still important to her. The rest of the day was spent organizing the plans for the tomorrow because, unknown to Leah before now, that's when Steve would go from zero to hero.

*

'Why is there a foot in my face?' A small voice said pulling Avery from her dreams.

She rubbed her eyes and stretched before nailing someone in the eye.

'God-' They hissed.

She opened her eyes and saw Bucky holding his eye as Steve tried to push himself off the floor from his spot under Bucky's foot. She looked around and saw that Leah was due home in less than an hour.

'W-When did you guys fall asleep?' She asked trying to stifle a yawn.

Bucky finally let Steve up before running a hand through his hair.

'I don't actually remember.' He replied.

Steve stood up fully and brushed his clothes down to flatten it.

'Buck, I'll be heading home now. I've got a big day ahead of me tomorrow.' He said smiling slightly.

Bucky stood as well and pulled Avery along with him.

'Thanks for having me over Avery and let Leah know I'll see her tomorrow.' Steve said at the door.

He turned and left Avery alone on the doorstep with Bucky, just as they were a few nights before.

'Well, it was nice seeing you.' He said looking down nervously, not matter how unlike Bucky it was.

Avery sighed because she could tell he was rethinking the moment she left him hanging when his lips were puckered.

'Come by tomorrow?' She asked.

He looked up and smiled at her.

'Only if you want me too, Doll.' He said flashing his marvelous smile.

'I'd love you to.' She replied.

He grinned back at her until she went on her tip toes and pecked his cheek.

'Goodnight, Avery.' He said beaming.

'Goodnight, Bucky.' She replied.

'Goodnight, Steve.' Steve mumbled from behind them but neither one seemed to be snapped from their trance.

----------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad