||Chapter 29||

*AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END*

Leah woke up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she felt someone softly play with her hair. Looking over, she saw Howard sitting up straight in the bed with a book in his hands, seemingly unaware that she was awake. She brought the blankets closer around her and took the book from his hands.

'Morning-' He said with a smirk when he saw her brown eyes looking up at him.

'Morning.' She replied blushing.

She took a look at the book he was reading and furrowed her brows.

'Why are you reading about the side effects of time travel?' She questioned.

He rubbed the back of his neck before smiling slightly.

'Well, since you're staying-right?' He began raising a brow.

'Mhm.' Leah said with a nod.

'I wanted to make sure you guys wouldn't have any problems.' He said softly.

'Have you found any?' Leah questioned sitting up, the shirt Howard lent to her keeping her warm. 

'The one I've found that seems the worst is that you guys would be erased from your era, none of your family and friends would remember you anymore.' He explained.

Leah weighed the thought and realized, for the first time, that their parents were probably wondering what happened to them.

'Are you still sure about this?' Howard asked nervously.

'Y-Yeah.' She replied.

Howard rubbed comforting circled on her back before kissing her temple before speaking.

'I promise it'll all be worth it.' He cooed.

She lent into his touch and sighed happily; she knew he was right.

*

'Okay, after much research I found out that there is a positive side effect to staying permanently.' Howard explained to the girls a week later as they had a dinner party to celebrate their staying.

Avery pried her eyes away from Bucky and looked at Howard beaming.

'What is it?' She asked happily.

'Well-' Howard said taking Leah's hand in his own.

'You'll slowly start remembering because you won't be interfering anymore.' He explained.

The girls both grinned as Bucky clapped his hands happily.

'Now, what do you say we make a toast to you girls staying?' Peggy asked smiling.

Everyone raised their glasses.

'To friends-' Steve said.

'-happiness-' Bucky said smiling at Avery.

'-and Love.' Howard replied blushing slightly when he caught Leah's gaze.

They were all about to drink when Leah and Avery spoke.

'To the time warp.'

They all drank until Peggy spoke.

'I've got a meeting at the SSR today.'

Avery looked at Leah with wide eyes.

'Leah, do you remember where that's from?' She asked.

'Agent Carter-' She said nonchalantly until her eyes almost popped out.

'W-We remember some of it but wait, that means you're just characters.' She said frowning.

'I feel pretty real.' Bucky said smirking.

'No no, I mean, we ruined the movie-' Avery began.

She grabbed Leah's shoulders and shook her.

'-WE RUINED CAPTAIN AMERICA!'

Leah frowned because she knew she had to be right.

'Girls-' Howard began until Leah waved him off.

He saw her tears and had enough.

'Leah, Avery, the movie was already going to be different when Erskine showed up at your house. You both only did what you could and trust me, you've made this more enjoyable than it would have been had the movie gone as planned.' He reassured.

'But still, you-' Avery said pointing at Steve.

'-you're supposed to be a hero! One of earths mightiest heroes to be exact!' She explained.

Peggy took Steve arm and smiled.

'He's still a hero to me, no matter what his title is.' She said.

Leah intervened this time and walked over to Howard.

'You're supposed to be with someone named Maria and you'll have a baby boy named Tony who'll grow up to be the Iron Man, we've messed up not only Cap's story but the other Avengers too!' She said frowning.

Howard cupped her cheek with his hand and kissed her softly.

'Leah, no other woman caught my eye but you so it seems like there would be a flaw in the plan already.'

'B-But what about Tony?' She asked.

'Let's make a deal, if we get to the point where we have kids together we can name one Tony and see what happens.' He said smirking.

She blushed before Bucky budded in.

'This is sweet and all but I'm curious to know what would have happened to me.' He said smirking.

Avery almost burst out crying right then and there but instead grabbed his left arm and hugged it.

'Wha-' He said confused.

'Well, to sum it up, you'd fall off a train and then get taken by Hydra where they'd give you a metal arm and make you a killing machine wear you'd be eventually sent to kill Captain America.' Leah sped out.

Steve blinked a few times before Bucky pulled Avery into a tight embrace.

'God, I've never been so thankful that you ended up in my life.' He hummed.

After the reassurance from the boys and Peggy, the girls knew they made the right choice and decided that they were blessed to have been sucked into the time warp they hated so much to start with.

-------------------

OKAY, SO.. THIS IS THE SECOND LAST PART OF THE BOOK BECAUSE I HAVE DECIDED TO PUT AN EPILOGUE IN.. I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL THE READERS AND VOTERS AND PLUS, ALL OF THE AMAZING COMMENTS! WHEN THIS REACHED 1K I WAS SO SURPRISED AND THANK YOU SO MUCH SO I HOPE THE ENDING IS GOOD BECAUSE ENDING BOOKS IT MY WEAKNESS WHEN IT COMES TO WRITING! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN xx