||Chapter 26||

'Well, if it isn't Avery.' Steve said with a smirk as Bucky led her into their apartment.

She playfully glared at him before Bucky took her hand and lead her to his room.

'This should fit you.' He said handing her a t-shirt.

She took is and couldn't stop smiling. She was in love and the person loved her back. Unlike Leah, Avery wasn't going to wait around for things to be official.

'Bucky-' She said gaining his attention.

'Yeah?' He said turning around to face her.

'Well, since we both dropped the love bomb should we-erm-become official?' She said hesitantly.

Bucky beamed and walked over to her.

'Avery, would you like to be my girlfriend?' He asked.

'I'd love to! I would have never thought you'd ask!' She said jokingly before hugging him tightly.

*

'Howard, do you think I could stay here for the night?' Leah asked out of breathe from the work she put into the machine.

He looked over and smiled at her.

'Of course.'

She sighed and set down the tools before running a hand through her messy curls.

'I swear this thing's never going to work.' She complained.

Howard felt guilty for messing with the machine but the seed of guilt was masked with his need for Leah to stay. She walked over to him and hugged him from behind as she rested her head on his back.

'Howard-' She said.

He turned around and hugged her waist.

'Yes, Doll?' He said.

She went on her tiptoes slightly and kissed him with more passion than even she knew she could show.

'Leah-' He said breaking apart.

'Howard, I've been waiting so long for you to show me whether you want more from me than a friendship and I've gotten nothing.' She said frowning.

'I'd love to have more with you but I don't want things to move too fast.' He explained.

She frowned before walking away.

'I'll be going to my room.' She called over her shoulder.

He sighed and tossed his wrench on the nearby work space before realizing he'd had enough. He walked rushed to her room and swung the room door open.

'Leah, I want you more than anything.' He said hastily.

She looked at him and the edges of her mouth pulled into a smile. Howard walked over to her and crashed his lips against hers before pinning her to the nearby wall.

'Are you sure?' He asked when they broke apart for air.

She simply grabbed his collar and pulled him closer. He took off her sweater and she worked on his when she felt something in his pocket.

'What's this?' She asked searching it.

She pulled out the missing pieces of the time machine and his face instantly fell due to the fact that he'd been caught.

'Howard, what the hell is this?' She asked angrily.

'Leah, I just-' He tried to explain himself.

'No, I can't believe you would do this! You're so selfish I can't believe I ever thought I could love you.' She said before pushing him and walking towards the door.

'Leah-' He called running after her.

'I'll be back tomorrow and the time machine better be fixed by then.' She said grabbing her sweater.

'Goodbye Howard.' Was the last thing she said to him before walking out and slamming the door.

'Sir, would you like me to find her?' Jarvis asked walking into the room where Howard stood in rumpled clothes.

'No, get the scotch ready though, it's going to be a long night.' He replied before marching angrily towards the lab.

-----------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad