||Chapter 28||

After much walking, Leah arrived back at the Stark estate.

'Leah?' Jarvis said in surprise as he opened the door.

It was close to midnight by now and she was just craving a shower and sleep but she knew she'd need to tell Howard all that he meant to her.

'I'm sorry to disturb you Mr Jarvis but I need to speak to Howard-' She explained.

The butler looked at her with a concerned look until she added onto her sentence.

'-urgently.'

Jarvis sighed and opened the door wide enough for her to enter.

'I do warn you, he's in a rough state.' He called as she marched towards the lab.

She swung the metal door open and took in the scene. Howard sat with puffy eyes, a bottle of scotch and a finished time machine.

'Howard?' She said softly walking over to his slumped over form.

He sloppily took a swig of scotch and looked at her.

'Leah, I'm so so so so sorry.' He mumbled out.

No matter what Howard had done in the past Leah felt remorse for his drunken sadness.

'Howard I need to tell you something.' She said hesitantly cupping his cheek and brushing away his stray tears with her thumb.

'No, let me go first-' He said blinking rapidly as if to stop new tears.

He stood up and placed his bottle down before taking Leah's hands in his own. She knew he was drunk but was curious as to what he had to say.

'Leah, I love you so much and you're the only girl I could have ever wanted to change who I am-was- you make me a better man and-" He placed a hand to his chest as if to stop a burp.

'-and I want to spend the rest of my life with you so that's why I did what I did.'

Leah felt the edges of her mouth pull into a smile before Howard slumped back down onto his chair; almost missing it in the process.

'I just don't want you to leave me.' He rambled on.

She walked over and played with his brown tassels of hair as if to calm him.

'Howard, you're just drunk.' She said sadly.

His head snapped towards her and he furrowed his brows.

'Leah, I've had enough drinks in my day to stay sober after a couple of glass of scotch. Everything I said I meant.'

Leah felt a tear of happiness fall from her eye before she walked over to the time machine with a wrench. Slowly at first she unscrewed the bolts and gadgets until she began destroying it.

'Leah, what're you doing?' Howard exclaimed walking over to her.

She spun around and cupped his face before crashing her lips to his.

'I'm not leaving you.' She said once they broke apart.

----------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad