||Chapter 13||

Leah couldn't wait to get home and share the news about Project Rebirth with Avery, little did she know, Avery was having her own fun.

'Howard, what time does my shift end?' Leah questioned.

Howard glanced at her from over his news paper and smiled.

'Whenever you want, Doll.' He replied.

Leah blushed and carried on looking throw the paperwork Peggy had dropped off. There was so much fascinating information on the project that she finally realized why Peggy was so nervous about Steve going through with the serum.

'Don't like spending time with me or something?' Howard asked as he got off the couch he once sat upon.

Leah blushed but hastily covered it up.

'No, I love it but Avery will be wondering where I've gotten off to.' She said as old school as she could.

Howard didn't respond but merely moved closer until their faces were only an inch apart. Leah could smell the faint scotch on his lips just like she assumed his future son, Tony Stark, would smell.

'Then let her wonder.' He whispered.

Leah tried to resist the temptation to kiss him but as soon as she almost lost her battle he moved his face away. He strutted towards the bookshelf next to his chair, not looking back the entire time.

'I'll have Edwin drive you home.' He said from over his shoulder.

Leah looked at him waiting for more of a farewell but his back stayed turned to her.

'Goodnight, Howard.' She finally said before meeting Mr Jarvis at the car.

*

'So tell me again, why do you have all of this junk?' Bucky asked as he propped his feet on the coffee table.

Avery had told him some bologna story about their TV and phones in order to not make him suspicious.

'My friend likes to tinker.' She simply said with a smile.

'It was Leah, right?' Bucky checked.

Avery smiled and was about to answer when the lock on the front door jiggled.

'I bet that's her.' She said with a smile.

Bucky got up and straightened his attire as if to impress.

'You'll never-oh-hi Bucky.' Leah said all at once when she saw the dreamy man before her.

He flashed his billion dollar smile before taking her hand and kissing her knuckles.

'How is it working with a hot shot like Stark?' He asked.

Leah blushed at the mention of Howard but tried her best to shoo it away after he revoked his show of affection.

'It's fine. Avery, can I have a word?' She said before dragging her friend to the kitchen, away from Bucky.

'Since when did this happen?' She asked nodding towards where Bucky was again seated on the couch.

'Since you got a job and I became lonely.' Avery retorted.

Leah sighed before waving her hand around to dismiss the subject.

'I have more important news-' She said before looking to make sure Bucky wasn't listening.

'I'm in.' Was all she needed to say until Avery engulfed her in a hug.

'Everything okay?' Bucky called towards the kitchen, most likely hearing Avery's squeals of joy.

'Peachy!' Leah called back before grinning at her friend.

'We're gonna get back.' She muttered.

Avery smiled until it fell with a thought that popped into her head. What if she didn't want to get back?

-----------------------

I know I've done this with my one shots book and preferences but here are my usernames if you'd like to follow me for behind the scenes stuff and potentially announcements on updates or future stories.

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad