||Chapter 23||

DEDICATED TO PaytonRaae & TatumMcDonald BECAUSE THEY'RE MY BIGGEST SUPPORTERS AND I LOVE YOU BOTH xx

------------------------------

'What's been eating at you, Doll?' Bucky asked as he spun Avery back into his embrace.

She laughed lightly until she saw Steve and Peggy snuggled together in a booth. Her face fell and she knew she needed to stop dwelling on a relationship that wouldn't happen. Bucky followed her gaze and let go of her hands before walking to the side of the party and sitting at a table. She followed him and frowned.

'What's wrong, Buck?' She asked.

He looked at her and she could see the sadness in his eyes. She sat next to him and took his hand in hers before resting her head on his shoulder.

'Ave-' He said trying to shrug her off.

She got off and frowned at him.

'If you want to be with Steve-' He began as he glanced at his friend.

'-go.' He finished.

'Bucky, I'm here with you for a reason.' She replied.

'Yeah, the reason is that Steve is with Peggy. Don't lie and say I wasn't your second choice.' He spat.

Avery frowned before throwing her hands up with frustration.

'Bucky, I'll never be as pretty as Peggy so are you going to blame me for liking the attention you give me?' She retorted.

He stood up and ran a stressed hand through his hair.

'Avery, don't you realize that you are the most amazing woman I've ever met? You don't need to be like Peggy or Leah or anyone but yourself! Avery, I love you.' He said before turning on his heal and walking out.

Avery blinked a few times and let the words sink in. Bucky Barnes loved her and she'd been blind the entire time. She looked over and saw the Peggy and Steve were both looking at her with wide eyes.

'Are you gonna go after him or not?' Peggy asked.

Avery took a deep breath before taking her heals off and sprinting towards the door. She was hit with the cold New York breeze and looked around to see Bucky nowhere to be seen.

'I've really done it now.' She sighed.

She walked back inside and sat at the bar.

'Rough night?' The tender asked.

She looked up and nodded before they placed a drink in front of her.

'Want to share?' They asked.

Avery took a sip and slammed the cup onto the counter.

'The man I love left.' She said before she realized it.

She loved him too.

-----------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad