||Chapter 25||

'Holy hell-' Avery whined grabbing her head as she sat up.

She didn't have a full blown hangover but the headache was definitely there. She saw the painkillers on her nightstand and practically swallowed them whole without taking the water. She pulled on the comfy clothes she assumed Leah left for her and headed to the living room.

'Oh, you're still here.' She said to Leah who was sipping a coffee.

'Well, I had some stuff I needed to ask you about.' She said raising a brow.

Avery wasn't sure at first but then it hit her; Bucky loved her and she loved him. She walked over to the area where Leah sat and rested on the island stool.

'Lee, what am I going to do?' She asked when she put her head in her hands.

'Well, it might sound a little Barnie like but you love him and he loves you so you should try and make it work.' Leah explained.

'But how am I supposed to find him?'

'How did you find him last time?' Leah questioned.

'Well, he found me really.'

'Now it's your time to find him.' Leah said before getting up and bringing her mug to the sink.

'Also, maybe have a word with Steve to make sure that you're fully over him.' She added.

'But, Leah, yesterday Steve and Peggy drove me home and I couldn't get my mind off Bucky. Steve was being really nice and I just thought of him as a friend, what's happening to me?' Avery stressed.

'Ave, I think that's what love does to you.' Leah replied raising a brow.

'Now, I've got to get to work.' She said pulling on her shoes.

'Wish me luck.' Avery mumbled before her friend was gone.

*

'Why're you here if you're mad at her?' Steve asked Bucky as he followed his friend onto the ground that held Stark Expo only months before.

'Because Steve, I love her and this is where we made amends last time.' Bucky explained.

'Buck, I don't want you to get your heart broken because of some girl.'

'But Steve, she isn't just some girl.' Bucky said looking at his friend and smiling slightly at the thought of Avery.

Steve sighed before patting his friend on the back and walking away. Bucky sat on a bench near the stage when he felt the first droplet of rain fall. Why didn't he move? The glum whether matched his mood. Little did he know, Avery was on the prowl for him. She sprinted down the street when the first spurt of rain began falling. She pulled her jacket tightly around her but knew she couldn't give up her search if she wanted to get Bucky back.

'Bucky!' She called out as she ran down the streets.

The sheets of falling rain made her damp to the bone but she didn't care, not when the love of her life was out there. She rounded a corner and saw the place where her and Bucky met up only two months before; the Expo grounds.

'God Bucky, I love you so much.' She mumbled as she walked onto the secluded grounds.

That's when she saw him.

'Bucky?' She called out.

The man stood up from the bench and squinted his eyes to be able to see her through the rain.

'Avery?' He replied.

She began walking over to him and he did the same towards her. Finally, they began running until they were face to face.

'Avery, what're you doing here?' He asked.

'Bucky, I-I love you too.' She finally said.

Bucky smiled wide before cupping her face and crashing his lips to hers, the rain falling all the while.

'We should get inside.' He said resting his forehead against hers.

'What fun is that though?' She replied smiling.

Bucky pulled her into a hug and spun her around as the rain poured on them. As Avery thought more about it; she couldn't leave, not now, not ever.

--------------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad