||Chapter 22||

I'M GOING TO BE POSTING A LOT TODAY BECAUSE YOU ALL HAVE BEEN AMAZING AND LOVELY AND THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU ALL SO PREPARE FOR THE SPAM xx

----------------------

'I left work early just to help you.' Leah joked as she did Avery's hair for her date with Bucky.

She took a step back and admired her work before grabbing a mirror so Avery could see.

'Since when were you good at hair?' Avery joked.

'Since my grade nine cosmetology class.' Leah replied laughing.

Since the girls had spent their time working on building relationships and trying to get back, they hadn't had much best friend time. Leah grabbed Avery's purse before handing it to her friend and smiling.

'You look amazing.' She complimented.

Avery wore a simple red dress with while polka dots that would look flawless when Bucky swung her around as they danced. She matched the look with red heals and a hairstyle that would make her blend in with the rest of the 40's girls attire.

'Leah, I still like Steve but I really want this to work with Bucky-' Avery began until there was a knock on the door.

Leah walked over and opened it revealing the stud that was James Buchanan Barnes. He wore typical 1940's male attire but when he caught sight of Avery his jaw hung open. Leah raised her brows and smirked at them before Avery cleared her throat.

'You look great, Buck.' She said smiling through her red lipstick stained lips.

'Me? Gosh, Doll, you look like a million bucks.' He said beaming.

Avery blushed before talking towards him and grabbing her white cardigan from the wrack by the door.

'Have her home by twelve.' Leah joked before closing the door.

She grabbed the mug of hot chocolate she'd made only moments before and thought about how Howard was doing with the time machine. He was sweet enough to give her the day off considering she was the whole reason they needed to make the time machine in the first place.

*

'Mr Stark, are you sure this is the right thing to do? Won't Leah be angry?' Jarvis questioned.

Howard stopping tinkering with the machine and looked at his butler dead in the eyes.

'Edwin, I need to do this.' He said firmly.

He took one more piece off of the now working machine before it zoned back to the scraps of metal it was before Leah left. Howard gave her the night off knowing that, since they were so close to finishing, he'd be able to sabotage and make her stay. Sure, he knew it wasn't the right thing to do but he couldn't bear the thought of the only girl he'd truly grown to love leaving.

'Sir-' Edwin said once again knowing it wasn't right.

'No, I can't lose her.' Howard said before tucking the scraps into his jacket pocket and leaving the lab.

---------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad