||Chapter 17||

I HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T MIND MY EXCESSIVE UPDATES LATELY.. I CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL AND HAVE BASICALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN :)

------------

The ride back to Howard's estate was silent but Leah felt comforted by Howard's hand being linked with her own. Something about telling him about the fact that she had been zapped to the 40's made her nervous. Was it because it was so unbelievable? Or was she afraid Howard would think she was crazy? The car came to a stop and Jarvis opened the door so both passengers could climb out. Howard let go of her hands only to get out and then instantly re-intertwined their fingers before walking her to the mansion and unlocking the door.

'Edwin will make dinner but, until then, do you want to tell me what's wrong?' He asked leading her to a sitting room she hadn't been in before.

She sighed and sat on the love seat next to him.

'C'mon, Lee.' He pleaded looking at her with sad eyes.

'Y-You won't believe me.' She finally said.

He brushed a curly strand of hair behind her ear and rested his hand on her cheek.

'You can't be sure of that until you take the chance and tell me.' He hummed.

She closed her eyes and spoke quietly so only Howard could hear.

'Dr Erskine somehow managed to time travel and transferred my friend, Avery, and I to the 40's but we're originally from 2015.' She murmured.

Howard didn't say anything but his touch on her cheek faded slightly.

'Now,' Leah continued.

'We need to find a way back without Abraham's help but it seems impossible.' She finished.

Nervous at first, she opened her eyes and saw he was looking at her with his mouth wide open.

'P-Please believe me.' She choked out as tears fell from her eyes.

Howard swallowed deeply before getting off the love seat and walking to the window. He placed his hands on the ledge and looked outside before turning back to the broken girl on the couch and sighing before shutting his eyes.

'I don't know why but-' He began before walking back over to her and sitting back down.

'-I trust that you're telling the truth.'

In one swift movement Leah had her arms around his neck and was hugging him tightly. He sighed contently before wrapping his arms around her middle and hugging her sweetly as if he would lose her if he let her go.

'I'll do all I can to help get you back.' He reassured.

Something deep down made his stomach form a knot. Was it the fact that he didn't want her to leave? He'd only ever had one night stands but something about this strange girl from the future made him want more than a buzz for a night.

'Mr Stark, dinner is ready when you are.' Jarvis said appearing in the door frame.

Howard waved him off but stayed embracing Leah until she pulled away.

'You're so much more amazing that I could have dream, Howard.' She mumbled looking down.

He smiled slightly before placing two fingers under her chin and forcing her to look at him.

'Since we're both confessing things I think it's time I say something too.' He replied.

Leah nodded trying to urge him to continue but he simply lent in and pressed his warm lips to hers. She was shocked at first but quickly recovered and melted into his touch. He wanted more but remembered that Leah was more than a one night stand to him.

'Leah-' He said breaking away.

He rested his forehead against hers and smiled.

'I really like you.' He continued.

'I really like you too, Howard.' She replied sheepishly.

'Now, let's go get some dinner.' He said standing and taking her hand.

Leah couldn't stop smiling as they walked towards the dining room. When would it be the right time to ask if he knew his life was in a movie?

-------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad