||Chapter 20||

'Mr Stark-' Jarvis said appearing in the labs entrance.

Howard set down the wrench he was working with and walked over to his butler. Jarvis handed him a paper before walking out with a greeting nod towards Leah.

'Wow.' Howard muttered as he walked over to where Leah was standing and handed her the morning paper.

'Is this Steve?' She asked in shock.

Howard nodded and had a proud glint in his eyes. Leah smiled at how proud he was that his project had worked out so well.

'I wonder how Peg feels about her man turning all buff and being a hero.' He added with a smirk.

Hero? Leah thought hard but for some reason couldn't link why Steve would be a hero. Was she forgetting or was something more severe affecting her?

'Howard, why is Steve a hero?' She asked with a furrowed brow.

Howard noticed the worried look in her eyes and frowned.

'Doll, Steve's a hero because he was willing to risk his own life to save the rest of us from that Hydra agent.' He explained.

Hydra? Leah tried her hardest to remember these details but they always seemed to slip her mind.

'Howard, I feel like I'm forgetting.' She finally said.

'Do you think it's the future thing? Maybe we can get your memory back if we work a little faster.' He said rushing back towards the skeleton of a time machine they had set up.

Before he could get back to work she grabbed his arm.

'If Steve's a hero for saving our lives then you are too because you saved my life.' She said.

He smiled slightly before hugging her.

'I'd do it again any day.' He whispered making her smile.

*

After a long day of working with Howard, Leah decided she'd need to head back to her own home to make sure Avery knew she was alright. Howard beckoned her goodbye with an awkward kiss on the cheek before sending her on her way with Mr Jarvis so he could carry on working on the machine.

'Avery-' She called as she opened the door to their home.

She was instantly engulfed in a hug and almost fell right back outside.

'Someone's happy to see me.' She said laughing.

She looked past Avery and saw Bucky leaning against the kitchen counter with a grin.

'I thought you died.' Avery huffed.

'I'm sorry but Howard-' She was cut off by Avery gasping loudly.

'What?' She asked confused.

Avery took a step back and whispered something to Bucky causing him to wink at Leah.

'Guys-' She began before she realized what they were probably talking about.

'I swear we didn't do anything like what you guys think!' She said looking down at the clothes she was wearing.

'Sure-' Bucky said over the rim of his mug.

Leah walked over to him and whacked his arm before marching to her room.

'Oh yeah, Avery, I need to have a word with you.' She called back.

Avery smirked at Bucky before meeting her friend.

'Did you see Steve on the headlines?' She questioned.

Avery shook her head to say 'no' when Leah pulled the paper out from her- Howard's- pant pocket. Avery took a look and furrowed her brows.

'I feel like I've seen this before.' She explained.

Leah sighed before pulling on a sweater.

'I feel like I've been forgetting so much lately.' Leah shared.

'Also, I told Howard about our situation and guess what? He agreed to help!' She exclaimed.

Avery contorted her face into an angered expression before realizing she had no reason to actually be angry.

'What was that face for?' Leah asked with a confused expression.

'I thought we would talk to each other before we tell anyone about predicament.'

'Oh, well, next time?' Leah offered.

'I already told Bucky.' Avery admitted.

Leah stared at her for a moment before sighing happily and rummaging in her closet.

'Now I can wear this!' She explained pulling a Beatles t-shirt out of her closet.

Avery playfully rolled her eyes at her friend before walking back out to meet Bucky.

-------------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad