||Chapter 18||

Avery had been waiting patiently for Bucky to show up all day but he never came. Did he already get tired of their friendship? She was about to give up and take a shower when a knock sounded through the house and pulled her from her thoughts.

'Hello-oh- hi Bucky.' She said smiling.

He rushed past her and set up the old radio he was carrying in his arms.

'What's-' She began before he help up a hand to her.

'Just listen.' He whispered.

He cranked the radio louder as Avery got closer to listen better.

'A mysterious man was seen running in downtown Brooklyn and saving a small boy. The only question we have at this time is who this strange man is and why was there a gunman loose?'

Bucky shut off the radio and turned to Avery with a worried look.

'Steve was in downtown Brooklyn for the project.' He explained.

Avery's heart fell. Leah.

'We would have heard if anything happened, right?' She questioned.

He ran a hand through his hair before sitting on the nearest chair.

'I'd think so but we can't be sure.' He said looking at her with a frown.

Avery sat next to him and took his hand before leaning her head on his shoulder.

'It'll be okay.' She said quietly.

He didn't reply but rested his head against hers and rubbed her hand with his thumb.

*

'Want to show me some future dancing?' Howard asked as Jarvis collected their now empty plates.

Leah let out a sigh and shook her head.

'No, no, no, I'm not a good dancer at all, I mean, you saw me fall of stage.' She said laughing.

'Come on.' Howard pleaded walking to her side of the table and taking her hands.

She grinned up at him as he led her back to the sitting room.

'Do they still use these?' He asked as he started the record player.

'They came back into fashion not long ago.' She replied.

He walked over to her and let the music fill the room.

'At least let me show you some old school dancing before you go back.' He said pulling her up off the couch she was seated on.

She reluctantly got up and let him take the lead on the fast songs before a slow one came.

'Place your hands here-' She said putting his hands on her hips before wrapping her own arms around his neck and resting her head on his chest.

They sway on the spot until Howard heard Leah's breathing level out and the grip she held on him slacken.

'Lee-' He said pulling her away from him slightly only to see that she had fallen asleep in his embrace.

He couldn't help but smile as he lifted her up bridal style and lead her to the nearest guest room. Sure, he would love to bring her to his own room but ruining his relationship with her by taking things to fast wasn't worth it in his eyes. He set her down on the fluffy covers and tucked her in before starting to walk away.

'Stay-' She said grabbing his hand at the last minute.

He looked at her from over his shoulder and walked back towards her.

'Leah, it's late.' He replied.

'Yeah, so get some rest-' She said tugging his hand, eyes shut all the while.

'-with me.' She finished before Howard caved and took off his shoes.

He climbed into the spot next to her and lay stiffly on his back. Leah, half asleep, snuggled into his side and used his chest as a pillow before wrapping her arms around his torso.

'Goodnight.' She mumbled.

'Goodnight, Doll.' He replied before wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her forehead.

--------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad