||Chapter 9||

Leah woke with a start.

'Avery?' She mumbled when she sat up from the couch and groggily rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

'You called?' Leah asked entering the room with two cups of coffee.

Leah graciously took one and frowned as she remembered the fight from the night before.

'I don't need to accept-' She said before Avery held her hand up to silence her friend.

'You're gonna take the job, love it and thank me later.'

Leah looked at her with confusion etched on her face until her sleepy stage got more confusing.

'How did I get home and who's is this-' She said holding Howard's jacket in front of her.

'Howard and Howard's.' Avery simply said as she smirking over the rim of her mug.

As if she slowly remembering the night before, Leah flushed a deep red.

'Now, go get your best clothes on because, Honey, you start work soon.' Avery said in a mocking voice.

Leah rolled her eyes but sent her best friend a thankful smile. She grabbed some formal black pants with a white blouse.

'Wear this-' Avery said handing Leah Howard's jacket.

'Why?' She questioned.

'He'll find it cute that you're wearing his clothes, duh.' Avery said laughing.

Leah did as she was told and turned back to her friend with a pit of realization.

'I don't know how to get to Stark Industries.' She said sadly.

'Do I need to do everything for you?' Avery joked before leaving the house and running to the phone booth they ventured to the day before.

'Edwin Jarvis will be at your service.' She said in a British accent running back to the house.

Leah sighed in relief and hugged her friend.

'Thank you so much for being okay with this.' She said as a car pulled up to their apartment.

'I said thank me later, now, get to work.' Avery joked before shooing Leah away to Jarvis' waiting car.

Leah waved goodbye to her friend before Howard's Butler drove away.

'Mr Stark is greatly looking forward to having you join his team.' Edwin said after a moment in his dashing English accent.

'It's a pleasure to be accepted.' Leah replied smiling.

*

'I'm telling you Steve, she shook my hand instead of kissing me!' Bucky said exasperatedly to his best friend.

'Buck, maybe she's into someone else.' Steve replied.

Bucky couldn't get Avery out of his head and somehow, her sassy manner and the way she stopped their kiss yesterday, lured him in.

'I can't get her out of my head.' He head plopping onto the couch with a deep breath.

He sat holding his head in his hands until Steve spoke.

'I know the feeling.'

A/N: I know that some of these events won't match up to the movie like how Bucky was sent to battle the day after the expo but for the sake of the story.