Consuming Darkness ~Marik Ishtar

(Yandere!Yami Marik Ishtar X Reader)
Authors Note: This one-shot is for:

Thanks for requesting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"S-Show yourself!" (Y/N) voice called out, her stumbling blindly in the darkness.
Her arms were stretched wide, hoping to find something.... anything.

Except Him.
She bumped into a firm chest. A iron like grip attached itself to her hand, dragging her forwards.
Her scream was loud, but there was no one to hear it. (Y/N) was caught in the web of lies she'd spun.
Forever and ever. No longer would she deceive Marik.

A voice whispered into her ear, making her heart go miles a minute.
"You'll never escape the shadow realm. I am the ruler, and you are my prey."

How had she gotten there? Well... it was a very long story.
A story filled with lies, darkness, love, betrayal, and fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tell me you love me..." Marik sat hunched in the corner of the room. His fingers tightened on his shoulders as he felt someone hug him from behind.
"I love you." (Y/N) said, with no hesitation. Or so it seemed.
She tried her best to please him, even when she shouldn't. (Y/N) knew deep in her heart, this was wrong.
To deceive him like this. To make him think she loved him back, just to calm the monster deep inside.

Marik scooted around to face her, his purple eyes wide. He wasn't Yami Marik.

Yet.

Her fingers cautiously cupped his cheeks, bringing him in for a long kiss.
After a few moments, they broke apart.
" Don't you ever leave me." His words felt like rocks tumbling down upon her.

"Yes, I won't, ever"
"Good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days passed slowly, at least that's how (Y/N) felt.
Every day, Marik would visit her. She would always know he was there because of the loud motorcycle he rode.
"Here. This is for you." Marik mumbled, giving her a small bouquet of flowers. (Y/N) accepted them, fetching a vase and filling with with cold water.
"Thank you." She said, setting it down upon the table before him.
His hand moved to touch hers, his grip slightly tight.

"(Y/N-"

Ring, Ring
(Y/N)'s heart felt as though it had stopped beating for a moment, her eyes widening.
"I'll be right back."
"Who is it?" Marik asked, his purple eyes narrowing and glancing over at the door, like he could melt the person behind it with his gaze.

"I'll check, you stay here." He frowned at that, but didn't question her as she walked to the door and opened it.
A hand pulled her out quickly, the door slamming behind her.
Crud. He'd definitely be suspicious of that.

"What are you doing here Natsuo!?" (Y/N) hissed, pulling her hand away from the young man in front of her.
"I saw his motorcycle-"
"And you came here anyway? Are you crazy?"

"I needed to talk to you."
"Well now is not a good time!"
"(Y/N)? What happened?" Her heart pounded in her chest as she felt him pound on the door hard.
She pressed herself against it, hoping to keep him at bay.
"Call me later, this is a bad time!"
"But-"
(Y/N) was thrown forwards into Natsuo, making him stumble backwards.
She pushed herself away from Natsuo, giving a worried look towards him.

Marik was angry. And when Marik was angry, things didn't go right for her.
His arm looped around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him protectively, his eyes narrowed.
"So, (Y/N), can you tell me who this is?" He asked her, squeezing her shoulder slightly.
Natsuo glanced back and forth at them, his hair ruffling his hair like it usually did when he was nervous.

What (Y/N) hadn't told Marik was that she'd been secretly seeing someone else. And this person was Natsuo.
Apparently though, he was too much of a chicken to stand up for himself as his voice quavered.
"I-I'm (Y/N)'s-"
"This is Natsuo... my study partner." She bit her lip. Another lie.
(Y/N) shot him a deadly glace, Marik not catching it.
"T-That's right."

"Well, (Y/N) and I were in the middle of something, come back later... or never." He added, ushering (Y/N) back inside her apartment.
The door slammed behind her. "Was that really your study partner?" Marik asked, tilting her chin up to face him.
"What? Do you now doubt me? Your own..." Her voice trailed off, trying to make herself say the word.
"Girlfriend?"

"No.. I don't, you wouldn't ever lie to me." He said, kissing (Y/N)'s forehead softly. It was a soft meaningful kiss.
One that almost broke her heart. For a while, she'd asked herself why she didn't return his feelings.
Probably, because she simply was scared of him, or maybe she just didn't like what he had now become.
"Go out to the library. You like going there. Stretch your legs some."
"What?"
"Go on." Marik said, his eyes taking on a dark look, his voice slightly deeper.

She frowned, pulling her jacket from inside the closet and left.
Why had he just insisted she go? He was usually stuck to her like glue.
Did Marik actually just let her out of his sight?

---One Hour Later---

(Y/N) had finished up what she'd been doing at the library, and hastened home.
She was anxious to find out what Marik had been doing. Her footsteps seemed abnormally loud on the walkway as she fumbled for her keys in her pocket.
The click of the lock made her suck in a breath before opening it wide.
No one....

The curtains were drawn.
There were no signs of anyone from where she was standing, yet there was two sets of shoes near the door.
(Y/N) causiously stepped inside, opening the door to the closet to hang her jacket.
Her hands raised, ready to pull down a hanger.
Except, all the hangers were on the ground. Natsuo stood before her, slumped against the wall, his eyes closed.
"N-Natsuo!" (Y/N) exclaimed, dropping her jacket to the ground and shaking him.
A chuckle came from behind her. Low and evil sounding. Before she could react, she felt the person spin her around harshly by the shoulders.
(Y/N) was faced with an awful sight. It was obvious... he'd turned into Yami Marik. He held a long gold rod in his right hand, it inches from her face.
"I thought you would never lie to me, (Y/N). But... obviously I was wrong." Marik said lowly, the rod starting to give off a faint glow.
"H-How?" She asked him, stepping back slowly, hitting the wall.
"My Millennium Rod showed me everything. You've been quite a naughty girl haven't you? Now-" He suddenly clutched at his white hair, yanking down firmly, him stumbling backwards onto the couch.
(Y/N) approached him, hoping to bring back the good side. At least.. the better side.

"N-No... I won't let you hurt (Y/N). she didn't lie to me!"
"But you heard it from the boy's mouth! She's lied to you! She must... be punished!"
Marik was at war with himself, sinking his face down into the couch, starting to scream.
"M-Marik... calm down, please." (Y/N) pleaded, touching his shoulder softly.
Marik grabbed her hand quickly. "Shut up!"
He pulled her to the ground, pressing the rod to her.
"You're coming with me... to the shadow realm. You'll never escape me, or lie to me there, ever again!" Marik yelled.
Next thing she knew, she'd slumped to the side, darkness enveloping her mind and body.

She should've ran when she could... she'd been so stupid!
Her mind cursed her self repeatedly.

"S-Show yourself!" (Y/N) voice called out, her stumbling blindly in the darkness.
Her arms were stretched wide, hoping to find something.... anything.

Except Him.
She bumped into a firm chest. A iron like grip attached itself to her hand, dragging her forwards.
Her scream was loud, but there was no one to hear it. (Y/N) was caught in the web of lies she'd spun.
Forever and ever. No longer would she deceive Marik.

A voice whispered into her ear, making her heart go miles a minute.
"You'll never escape the shadow realm. I am the ruler, and you are my prey."

_____________________________________________________________________________

I will make you love me, no matter what.