Afraid~ Shizuo Heiwajima

(Yandere!Shizuo Heiwajima X Reader)
Authors Note: This one shot is for

Thanks for requesting!

*Whispers* I hope someone requests an Espada... I do, I do, do!
I HAVE A VERY VERY VERY BAD FEELING I MADE HIM OCC
So, forgive meh! -bows head-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"IZ-A-YA!" Came a loud yell as Izaya, closely followed by a vending machine came whizzing at (Y/N).
Hearing the yell, she turned too late.
She clutched at her jacket, closing her eyes as a split second later, the machine hit her head, knocking her off her feet and onto the ground.
Her bag fell to the ground, spilling it's contents.

Her vision blurred and she could feel the cold pavement under her. What had happened? A blurry figure stood above her.
The only thing she could make out as the person touched her shoulder, was blonde hair and the distinct smell of cigarette smoke.
She felt herself being lifted as her eyes closed. The person holding her was strong and warm.

A trickle of blood fell down her cheek as she blacked out completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s eyes partially opened to see a bright light above her. She squinted, getting used to it before opening them fully and glancing to the side of her bed. (Y/N) quickly noticed the things around her before focusing on the blonde haired man.
"Why... am I in a... hospital?" She asked slowly, eyeing the handsome stranger.

The man's face was... happy. He had a small smile upon his face as his fingers touched hers, sending her signs that he'd been aching inside recently, hoping she'd wake up.

Questions spun around in her brain quickly.
Did she know this person?
What was her name?
Where did she live?
Why was she here?

Who exactly... is she?

The man cleared his throat, fixing his blue tinted glasses. "I'm Shizuo Heiwajima... I'm afraid you were... in a accident. What's your name?" He asked at the end quickly, looking slightly hopeful as he reached farther, squeezing her hand with his gently. At least he tried to be gentle.
She uttered a small squeak, her eyes widening by the power of it.

"I'm sorry.." He said quickly, hastening to let go of her hand.
Shizuo had been there some time, every day for a month, looking at her sleeping form.
At first he'd been merely concerned for the girl he'd injured. Then he'd become slightly attached to her. Finally, he'd become entranced by her.
It's been a slow, but steady process.

He wanted to know her. Wanted to touch her. Wanted to have her. Wanted her to know him.

Her eyes drifted downwards and her hands locked with each other, twisting and winding, tightening and loosening. "I-I'm not sure." She stuttered, her heartbeat quickening when she realized how scary and awful this was.
She couldn't remember her own name. She felt like someone had ripped half of her away from herself.

It was truly terrorizing. Her hands slithered up to her upper arms and she started to shiver slightly.

"I-I have nothing. No memories. Nothing." She started to snob, leaning her head forwards. Shizuo frowned, his eyes sad.
He couldn't help it as for once, he tried to comfort someone. He reached out to her, petting her head lightly.

"What happened to me?"
"...You got hit."
"By what?"
"...." He was silent for a moment before giving a very soft smile.
"Well, you can stay with me until you get your memories back. I have a spare room"
At first she gave him a strange look before smiling widely.
"Really? You really would?"
The look came back as a thought came into her head. "Wait... why are you so concerned about me? Who are you to me?"

"An acquaintance ."

"Hmm." (Y/N) leaned back into her pillows, pinching the bridge of her nose, as if all her memories would come back if she did.

"This is awful.... I can't remember anything."
"Nothing at all?"
"Nothing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the next few weeks, Shizuo looked after (Y/N).
He brought her breakfast, lunch and dinner, always telling her not to leave the bed she'd been given. The doctor had let him take her out of the Hospital, only because she had approved it.

(Y/N) stared out the window wistfully, her fingers touching the cool glass. In a moment, she felt something big sit on the bed beside her.
She turned her head to see Shizuo.
(Y/N) had recently heard from the doctors and nurses how dangerous he was. Even so, she'd trusted him, agreeing to live in his apartment until she got better. Some part of her told her this was a bad idea when his eyes locked with hers.
She'd slowly noticed, every day, how more and more he was afraid.

Every day he told her:
"Don't strain yourself."
"Don't Get up so fast."
"Be careful over there."
"I'll do that, you sit."
"What are you doing? Your supposed to be resting."

His sentences rolled around in her head, making her slightly tired of hearing it constantly.
"Shizuo...." (Y/N) said slowly, lowering her hand to her side.
He suddenly was on alert, his hand hovering over her shoulder as he gulped. "What's wrong?"
She gave a small shaky laugh, adverting her eyes from his intense gaze. "Why are you so worried about me?"
She could tell how he had suddenly become stiff as he leaned back slightly, away from her.

Her fingers laced together and she started quickly. "Why are you so concerned about me?"
Shizuo's face grew cold, and he turned his head slightly away from her. He mumbled something under his breath slowly, making her lean forwards.
"What?"

He gritted his teeth, turning his head to her. "I love you, all right?" He spat angrily, standing up and facing the door.
"Wh-What?"
"You heard me."
"How? We barely know each other."

"...I got information about you when you were unconscious." Shizuo said grudgingly, his hands balling into fists.
"Why... didn't the doctors tell me then?" She questioned, sitting up and leaning forwards, her hand outreached to touch his jacket.
Shizuo swatted her hand away when she grabbed onto his jacket as he growled. "I told them not to tell you."

The swat made her lose her balance, falling straight off the bed and onto the ground. Her head thumped onto the floor, making her gasp loudly.
For a moment, everything was black, then memories came flooding back into her mind... piece by piece, fragment by fragment.

She was quiet for a moment, barely feeling his hands on her shoulders instantly, or his worried voice.
"(Y/N)? Look at me, did you hurt yourself?" He asked, his tone etched with annoyance because of his own actions.
"Y-You... You did this to me." She said, shakily sitting up with his help before scooting away from him, her eyes wide and terrified.

Shizuo's face looked slightly pained as he reached out a hand to her, only to have her push it away.
"No! It was an accident." He protested, his eyes brows furrowing.
She shook her head, now backed up against the bed. Her eyes welled with tears and for a moment, the fact that Shizuo had done that to her went out of her mind when she recalled that....

She'd had an awful and unfair life.

Her sobs echoed around the room and she curled up, pressing her palms to her eyes.
"Shh..." Murmured Shizuo, sighing deeply as he lifted her tear stained face to look at him.
"Why? Why Shizuo?"
"I told you, it was merely an accid-" His sentence was cut short as she stood as quickly as she possibly could, pushing his hand away.
She stumbled to the door across the room, her fingers gripping it so tight that her hand was ghostly pale.

"I'm leaving." (Y/N) said before turning the door knob.
However, a large hand quickly clamped down onto hers, making sure she couldn't open it.
"I don't think so." He said menacingly, his brown eyes locked with hers, showing a... hungry look.
She couldn't help it. She backed up slowly, realizing her exit was blocked. The only way out was the window, but it was several stories high above the ground.

He advanced on her, pushing aside his feeling of wanting to protect her. He'd do anything to keep her there. Shizuo had grown too attached to the girl. He reached out for her wrist and dragged her forwards.
Her attempt to dig her heel into the carpet was useless as he dragged her onto the bed, pinning her down.
(Y/N) gasped loudly when she felt the strongest man in Ikebukuro push her down into the cotton sheets, his strength making her head feel light.

"Wh-Why?" She rasped as he hovered over her, brushing his lips against her forehead lovingly.
Her cheeks grew pinker and pinker as his grip grew tighter and tighter, and his kisses went farther and farther.

Finally he let out a small sigh, glancing down at her perfect lips. The lips he'd been longing to taste for ages.
He'd waited. He hadn't ever kissed her while she was asleep or unconscious.

He waited until she was awake, and in his grasp.
"I'm sorry (Y/N)... but one day you'll understand. What it's like to fall in love with someone so deeply... in such short time. You'll understand that the world outside is cruel, and won't protect you. That you'll always need my protection, because (Y/N)... I'm afraid. For once in my life I'm afraid. For you."
Shizuo thought he could never love someone... ever. However, seeing her had proven him wrong.

Shizuo ended his sentence by kissing her quickly before she could react,
She grimaced as he squeezed her wrists when she struggled. She didn't want this. Yet... it felt so right.
For a moment, she felt herself almost give in, melting in the kiss.

It was sweet and perfect until he felt her give in. Then he quickly advanced to the next level, biting her lip harshly, making her gasp out of shock.
"Mmf, n-no..." She muffled out, struggling even more, not caring if he snapped her wrists out of frustration.
"Stop fighting me." He yelled angrily, breaking away from the kiss and letting go of her.

Shizuo's eyes fell on the bruises he left on her wrists instantly, his eyes widening. He shouldn't be so shocked.
He knew he'd been using his power to keep her there, but... he felt a pang of guilt for what he'd done.
Shizuo suddenly leaned forwards, pinning her down once more by his sheer weight. He rested his head upon her shoulder gently, like a child, mumbling

"I hate violence. But I'll use it if necessary to protect you."