Monster~ Kaneki Ken

(Yandere!Kaneki Ken X Reader)
Authors Note: This one-shot is for: sunnypopx

Thanks for requesting!

[Not sure if I got his character right though >.<
Forgive me if he's OOC]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kaneki-kun!"
(Y/N) (L/N) came running out of nowhere and hugged Kaneki. His face was shocked, but then melted into a warm smile as the girl hugged him tightly.
"My friend is so mean! She told me you transferred!"
"Would that... have bothered you?" Kaneki asked slowly, unsure of his answer, yet his mind was set on hoping she would have.

(Y/N) let him go, patting him on the back firmly, making the non-athletic boy stumble.
"Of course! You're one of my bestest buddies!" (Y/N) was 18, yet she didn't seem like it, the way she acted and talked.

They both attended Kamii University, both had classes together, and both went to the same library. The two had become fast friends, and they both loved having someone else who loved books.
Her fingers laced with his and the words that came out of her mouth, was some of of his favorite words.
"Come on! Let's go to the library! My manga came in yesterday!"
That was the only difference between them. She liked manga, he preferred, well, different reading material.
While he did love to go to the library, He had somewhere else to go.
"But I was just on my way to buy a hambu-" His sentence was cut short by her yanking him forwards down the sidewalk.
"Library! Yay!"

They got to the library quickly, (Y/N) letting go of his hand and giving him a hard thump on the back, almost making him keel over.
The running had made him have practically no breath in a matter of minutes.
"Great Kaneki! You almost kept up with me! That's better than last time Ya know." She said in a loud whisper, walking over to the head desk, apparently oblivious to him gasping for air.

(Y/N) silently imitated squealing her head off as the librarian handed her the newest volume of her favorite manga.
"K-Kaneki! I have it finally!" She said hurriedly, her smile wide and excited. She turned quickly as she said it, bumping into him.
Kaneki stumbled backwards, amazed how excited she could be over that book.
"Oh, sorry, did see you there, but hey! I got my book! Isn't that great?" Her footsteps were loud in the library as she walked to a nearby seat and sat down.
Kaneki was still in shock as he sat down next to her.
"Yeah... that is great."

"I haven't lost myself in a book in ages!" (Y/N) gushed, her eyes skimming the pages eagerly.
What she didn't see, was the soft warm smile that had streched across his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My! It got dark!" Observed (Y/N) hanging on the edge of the bus stop wall and looking up at the sky.
"You... finished that manga in a half an hour.." Kaneki murmured, shocked how quickly she'd read the thick volume.
"Oh, yeah, well, I did like it! That's right... what are you doing tonight? Do wana go for some coffee together?" She asked him, walking to where he sat.
His eyes drifted down to the ground. Kaneki had a date that night. One that he'd come back from, much differently.
"I-I'm sorry, I have other plans tonight."
"Oh, alright then, maybe some other time then." (Y/N) replied happily. She turned away, a look of slight sadness flickering across her face.
(Y/N) liked Kaneki. But she'd never admit it.

The bus stopped in front of them quickly, lights flashing. "Well, see you tomorrow then! Call me later if you have fun!"
And with that, she was gone.

Kaneki set off, for what he thought would be an ordinary date, with an ordinary girl. He should have listened to what his mind told him.
He should have ditched the date and went back with (Y/N). But Kaneki didn't. And he suffered for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What? Kaneki is in the hospital? What's he doing there?" (Y/N) asked, worry clouding her outraged tone.
"He was wounded, they're not sure how." Said her friend. Her brother lived in the hopital, She'd gotten word of it when he'd come in the night before.
"I'm going to go see him, do you know what room he's in?"

----Half an hour later---

"Kaneki?" (Y/N)'s voice was soft as the doctor lead her into the room.
"I'll leave you two alone for a few minutes." He said, vacating when he saw her sit down next to him, grasping his hand.
"Thank you.."

"Kaneki?" She asked again, hoping he'd wake up. His eyes opened a fraction. "Oh goo-"
A small whimper came out of his mouth and he turned away, curling into a ball and pulling the covers over his head.
"Kaneki? What's wrong?" (Y/N) asked worriedly, walking around to the other side and touching his shoulder.
"D-Don't touch me, please.."
"I'm sorry, are you hurt still? What happened?"
"Go away... I'm not feeling well."
A small sound came from her, and her fingers withdrew.
"F-Fine.. but I'll be back to see if your alright. Get alot of rest ok? And don't come back to school until you're all healed up." And with that, she brushed away the small bit of water in her eye and left.

"I'm sorry.. (Y/N)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things went downhill slowly.
Kaneki started to avoid her, pained looks on his face whenever he saw her.
He openly vacated places when he saw her coming. All of this was heartbreaking to (Y/N).
"J-Jerk! Why do you keep avoiding me!" She yelled one day in the coffee shop as he left quickly.
(Y/N) followed him, just a few yards away.
"Why? Do you hate me now? I thought we were friends! Why? Why won't you talk to me!" (Y/N) screamed, grasping his shoulder and turning him quickly.
He stared down at her, his face tensed up, like he was about to cry.
"It's... better if you don't associate with me any longer, or you'll get hurt."

The days after that, Kaneki went missing. He didn't go to collage, he didn't contact anyone, he was just... gone.

"H-He's just gone Marissa! He's nowhere to be found.." (Y/N) said, sitting in her friends dining room. "(Y/N).." Marissa put a hand on her shoulder gently.
"I think it'd be better for you... if you just forgot him. Kaneki's disappearance is making you mentally and physically unhealthy. Forget about him before something bad happens to you."

(Y/N) stared down at her hands, clutching her clothed knees, the fabric getting pulled within an inch of it's life.

Maybe Marissa is right, maybe he is unhealthy for me. If I forgot about him, he'd possibly pop up again in a year or two, or maybe sooner. I just need to think positive. Kaneki is fine wherever he is, and I should just hope he'll come back without a scratch.

Her fingers let go of the fabric and her head tilted upwards to look her friend in the eye.
"You know what... you're right. I should forget about him" The words pained her, but they were true.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now a year since he'd left.
A whole year.
Him leaving, still stung her heart when she looked at one of his favorite books. She watched herself take it from the shelf, her hand brushing against the cover.
A pale hand with shiny black nail polish, shot out from the other side of the book case, snatching the book from her hand.
"H-Hey!" She said loudly, people looking at her.
She ignored them and ran to the end of the book shelf, seeing a white haired young man run to the entrance of the library, holding the book.
(Y/N) ran after him quickly, following him through the street and down countless alley ways.
"You thief! You didn't check that out! Stop!" She called after him, her voice starting to get hoarse.

Finally he stopped, in a foul smelling alley, who knows where. (Y/N) suddenly realized how stupid it had been to follow him here. what if he was serial killer? Was she going to die or something?
She backed up, seeing him turn to face her.
(Y/N) was met with an awful sight. The person looked... but didn't look like Kaneki Ken. The hair was the purest white, his fingernails black, and his right eye red. Also, he wore a black mask, gory to look at.

"Y-You're not him." She stuttered, her eyes wide and horrified.
"I'm surprised you actually recognized me. What? You don't think I'm Kaneki anymore? Come on (Y/N), it's me. I've come back for you."
"N-No, you've been gone all this time, what happened to you?" (Y/N) asked, backing up as Kaneki advanced on her.

"I've changed. For the better. I realized that I was hurting you even more than I thought I'd hurt you by being with you. Tell me (Y/N)... did you love me?"
Her back hit the wall and Kaneki's arm shot out, pinning her against the dirty cold stone.
"I-I did.... but not anymore I don't think. You're.... a monster." She whispered, looking at the black and red eye that would haunt her for years to come.
"I never thought I'd hear that from you." Kaneki muttered, anger flickering across his face as he pushed her harder against the wall, making her gasp.
"Don't you want to know what I've become? What happened to me? Or do you care less now? Have you succeeded in forgetting about me? I might have been gone, but I always came back at times to keep tabs on you."
"NO! I don't want to know, you're not the Kaneki I knew anymore!" (Y/N) yelled, trying to push him away.
Appartently though, Kaneki had gotten stronger and more strong willed.
She would have loved the monster he had become, if it wasn't for the sudden change of personality, the change of morals.
The change of heart.

"I missed you, I hated being alone, being feared. You were the only one who understood me. Say it.. say you love me. Say you'd do anything for me!" He chuckled lowly, his hands grabbing her face.
"No! I won't! I can't say it!"
"Say you won't leave me, say you won't forget me! Say I'm not a monster, that you love what I've become!" His voice got higher and higher, talking feverishly fast.
"I now I won't hurt you. You're too special to be eaten."
"E-Eaten? What? Let me go!"
"And the best part is, I'm stronger now! Anyone who tries to take you away from me... will be shown no mercy! I'll never have to feel abandonment again. I'm a ghoul, (Y/N)... A human eating machine!"

Kaneki's pale hand gripped the mask, actually tearing it off his face. It fell to the gorund with a loud thump.
He gave a bone chilling smile, kissing her quickly in mid sentence. "Your mine... and no one can have you. I can protect you now." He muttered in between kisses, ignoring her pounding fists.
Half of her wanted to kiss back. Kaneki was finally kissing her. However, the desperate kisses and the delirious voice made her decide.
Kaneki was a monster. And he needed to be stopped.
"I-I... hate.... you!" She finally managed to say, turning her head sideways, away from him.
"What?"
"I hate you!"

"Mmm... well, I'm sure you'll change your mind at some point."
Her eyes widened and he let out a loud laugh before inhaling her scent.
"I suppose a taste wouldn't hurt.. would it?" Kaneki asked, biting the base of her neck gently. (Y/N) grimaced, a whimper audible.
(Y/N) didn't know what to do. She was up against a human eatting ghoul.

There was nowhere to run, no where to hide.
There was no escape from the monster.

She had wanted this though, deep inside. To have Kaneki want her. Want her with a passion.

She'd gotten what she'd hoped for. but with a heavy price.
"I'll show you the monster. If you can handle it that is."

_____________________________________________________________________________

I will make you love me, no matter what.