Chapter Twenty-nine: S.O.S. Part Two

"So I see you permanently ditched the shoes. " I stated laughing slightly at Dean as we walked. Guns at the ready for any sign of trouble.

"Are you kidding me?" She said looking at me. " I now have a deep empathy for strippers. I can't walk in those things! How they dance in them for hours, blows my mind!" I laughed lightly. Of course that was were Dean's empathy would go. "My ankles are going to be sore for a week..." She grubbled.

I know it was probably wrong, but I was getting a kick out of Dean and Sam being women. Cas seemed almost indifferent about it all but was still definitely not amused. I'd lose my shit if they got hit with the "crimson Wave", I honestly don't think I'd be able to handle that.

"So, where were you at when they killed the lights?" I inquired trying to make conversation. We stopped at the end of our hallway, waiting for Dean to decide that it was time to move.

"I was just outside the office. Dalgodo and I were going to meet, since I'm here covering for myself. " She replied, motioning for me to follow her forward. "The power went and then he came over the intercom...and...well you know the rest." I nodded.

"What's the plan to get Crowely?" Rescuing the King, or currently "Queen", of Hell was not a task I was looking forward too. Mostly because we were nearly powerless to fight Ava.

"Good question."

I sighed. Great so we were going to wing it. No...no, no, no "Wing" jokes or catch phrases. I wanted to avoid that subject at all costs. It was a bit of a flighty topic. God damn it, Rachel stop. 

"Why would she hold the entire school hostage to get back at her dad? It's stupid." I asked, trying to escape my internal monologue.

Dean laughed slightly, "You don't know Crowley. It's all about the glory. If she is trying to make a point to him, well then she had to go big or go home." She turned down another hall. "I just wish she would have left us out of it." I snorted at the comment.

"Come on. How often does that actually happen?" I raised an eye brow. Dean tipped her head with an acknowledgement to the statement. When things go bump in the night, you can almost guarantee that a hunter will be dragged into the mess. It's a 100% guarantee if they happen to be a Winchester...or involved with a Winchester...I'm 99.9% positive we are cursed. I'm sure of it.

"How are you doing?" Dean's question caught me off guard.

"What?"

"I said, How are you doing?" She repeated.

"Fine, I just wish this was ov-" I began with a shrug.

"Rachel, that's not what I mean. As in your...your uh..." Oh great here it comes. The Elephant in the room.

"My freak bonus package?" Oop, there it is!

"Um, yeah...I guess." She said crinkling her eyebrows.

"Nothing has acted up...well sort of...I uh.. kind of dented a wall with my fist earlier..." I mumbled.

"But no powers or w-"

"No," I cut her off. No "W" word. "Nothing like that. I'm trying to make sure that I don't let any of that slip..."

"Got it."

"Yeah..." We were silent again. I knew that Dean was worried about me and the increasing occurrences of my "abilities". Not that I blamed him...or her...whatever, I mean what parent wants their kid growing feathers out of their backs? But honestly, I wish it would just go away. And I don't just mean the powers. I mean the whole topic and subtopics. I seriously could use a "restart". Having my family, though always with good intentions, hovering around me was driving me crazy. There was already to much to deal with. Not to mention, I could feel them in my body or rather on my body. My shoulder blades ached, but I wasn't going to tell Dean. At least not yet...like I said: it was all just to much.