Seventeen: It Can't Be...

The sky started getting dark by the time I had finally calmed down from the fight with Dean. I didn't know what was wrong with me...my mind was revolting against everything and I had no way to combat it. I had this growing fear that if this continued, my life was going to spiral itself into hell and into Evangeline's arms. That was something that I couldn't afford to happen.

Just as I was about to begin descending the tree, I heard voices down below me.

"God, you really do smell like sulfur," the voice of man said in disgust. He sounded more like a boy around my age, maybe a little older but not by much. "You're the only thing I can smell for blocks!" I froze on my branch. The breath in my lungs halting on a dime.

"You think I smell bad? Try Hell. Oh wait, I forgot vampires go to Purgatory. Lucky bastard," another man replied. What was a demon and a vampire doing talking in a park? "So you think you found her?" the demon asked arrogantly, as if he believed the vampire was beneath him. His tone was like venom in the air.

"I wouldn't have wasted good blood on a demon if I didn't think had found the girl. It was O+, that's my favorite. It goes good with anything...anyways she is here at the high school," it was at that moment that I nearly fell from the branches above the meeting. Realizations had this rude habit of hitting with surprise. They were talking about me. I knew I had felt someone watching me earlier today. Maybe Alexander was right, it is better to go by a fake name. It would sure as hell make it harder for them to find me.

"You know the Angel has a pretty price out on her," the man replied coolly.

"Do you think I don't know that? Good news travels fast. Besides, Winchesters are always a hot topic." The sass being fired was suffocating.

"So, what is your plan?"

"Its already in action. The rest...that is a need to know basis." The vampire wasn't giving anything away.

"Well then, when will you contact us again?"

"As soon as she is apprehended and the pests removed."

"Where should I meet you?"

"On the bank of Hummingbird Creek, just off of Road 4612," the vampire replied, "We'll be in touch shortly I promise." There was silence.

"Fine, but if you ruin this don't expect the Angel to be happy, Drake. She is still a bitch from the last time the girl got away."

"I won't mess up.'' I heard the two men depart. Breathing quietly I listened for any warning signs. After feeling like I could get down, I scrambled from the tree. As soon as my feet hit the solid ground I was sprinting towards the apartment. My feet pounded against the pavement, jolting my body with each step. With each step an underlying feeling was beginning to settle on me. Fear was creeping up my spine and I prayed to God that those feelings were wrong. Even though my lungs were burning with effort I kept pushing my body forward.

Rounding the corner of the building, I flung open the door and took the stairs two by two. Just like I had when I had ran from here, only hours before.

"Dean? Sam? Cass?" My voice echoing down the corridor as I frantically hope my suspicions were wrong. I hoped that they would be seated around the table researching or watching TV or eating pizza.

I felt my heart stop beating. The door to the apartment was kicked in. Flashbacks of the last time my front door was kicked in ripped through me. Scrambling into the apartment over the door I kept calling their names. I could feel my chest growing tight and the room was starting to spin. The table was turned over and chairs were broken. Papers littered the floor and boot marks had scuffed the wood.