Chapter Eight: Breakfast Adventures

I woke up the next morning with a stupid grin still stuck in my face. It had been midnight when we had gotten home and I had been so tired I decided not to even change my clothes, but instead climbed into bed with the clothes I was in. My first night home had been one to remember.

I climbed out of my stiff sheets and looked around the safe room which had been mine since I came here. What was life going to be like now that I was back? Would they take me with them again? Where was Evangeline? What about Cassidy? These and many other questions buzzed through out my head. I pushed the thoughts aside. For now I was just going to take each day a step at a time.

But honestly...If I were being open with myself, I didn't want to take it a day at a time. I have never been the type to wait around and twiddle my thumbs while life went on around me. I was dying to get back out on the road and I needed a road trip more than I could explain. It was just the type of person I was.

On the same right, however, I was a bit afraid to leave Bobby's house. It seemed to be the only steady point in my ocean of chaos. Plus, I definitely needed to brush up on my skills about hunting. I would be an idiot going into a hunt unsure of my skills and abilities.

I brushed out my hair with my fingers as I walked up stairs. I heard laughter coming from the kitchen. Laughter that I had missed so longingly. The smell of fried potatoes, eggs, bacon, coffee, and pancakes made my stomach growl. How long had it been since I had last ate this breakfast? I couldn't even remember.

I walked in with a smile. Sam was at the stove making scrambled eggs, while Dean harassed Bentley, who was making pancakes, about his own pancake. Demanding a Mickey mouse shaped one. Bobby sat at the table, hot coffee in a hand , a smile on his face.

"Morning guys," I said smiling pouring a cup of coffee for myself. While I searched the refrigerator for the milk, they all replied with warm "Good mornings", except soon after Bentley dropped some choice words when Dean dumped his Mickey mouse pancake onto the floor "accidentally". I couldn't help but laugh at them. My ridiculous but extremely amazing family.

After getting my coffee, Sam turned to me and said, "You should go wake up Cassidy. Breakfast is almost done." I nodded with a smile and got up from the table to go wake up my little sister.

I ran up the stairs to find Cass' room. Even though I may not have your stereotypical family, I loved everything about it. It did make me wonder though, and almost yearn for when I used to have a "normal" life. Without demons, ghosts, monsters, or the possibility of an angel hunting me down, going through my thoughts, but hey you take what you can get and what I have is something I would never trade.

I opened the door to Cassidy's room. She was sprawled all over her bed. The sheets tangled around her legs, the comforter kicked halfway off the mattress and Cassidy, herself, hanging sideways off of it, deep in sleep. I stifled my laughter and walked over to her. Kneeling down I gently shook her awake.

"Cass? Cassidy? Come on, time to get up." I said trying to wake her. She opened one of her big brown eyes and looked at me. An irritated groan coming from her as she rolled over. I heard a muffled "No..." as she put her face down in the pillow. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Come on kid. The guys made breakfast and Sam will be offended if you don't come eat, and trust me, you do not want to be faced with his guilt inflicting puppy dog face." Cassidy looked up at me an eyebrow cocked.

"What's for breakfast?" she asked finally. I smiled down at her as I stood up.

"Eggs, bacon, potatoes, and pancakes." I purposely left out the coffee part, because there was no way in hell I'm letting a 14 year old with tourettes have caffeine. Not on my watch. With a sigh, Cassidy sat up in bed. Her hair a tangled mess of bed head. Again I stifled a laugh as I helped her untangle herself. Finally, we freed Cass from the blankets and went down stairs.