Chapter Ten: Fun House

We pulled into town around 11 that night. Cassidy was sprawled across the back seat, her legs kicked up onto my lap. Her head was resting on my jacket like a pillow. Sam and Dean had just switched driving positions, leaving Sam behind the wheel. I was currently awake. Their position exchange had woke me up, I was naturally a light sleeper anyways.

"Sam?" I asked, my voice cluttered with sleep.

"Yeah Rae?" He replied.

"Is he doing okay? Are you doing okay?" I had had this question in the back of my throat since I had gotten back, but hadn't had the chance to ask it. Sam didn't reply for a while.

"We will be. Especially now that you're home." It seemed worded carefully.

"Sam?" I asked drawing out the word. "What happened?" Again Sam didn't reply at first.

"We hunted down every demon, witch, hoodoo priest, and psychic to find a way to get you back. The priests, witches, and psychics didn't know how and the demons..."

"Did you guys try to sell your souls to get me back...?" the question was trapped in my lungs, clogging my breath and making my head spin. Sam looked firmly ahead of him on the road.

"We tried...everyone did.....but none would buy and they didn't know how to get you back anyways..." I felt relief flood over me as his words washed away the fear in my soul.

"So...this Djinn thing? What are they like to fight?" I asked changing the subject.

"They are kind of a pain in the ass, to be honest. Mostly because if it touches your skin you're out like a light. In lore, they were supposedly able to grant wishes, but in real life its just a hallucination their poison creates. Like a dream but more vivid and realistic." That idea made me shutter. My dreams were vivid enough as it was. I was starting to dislike the idea of this case. Not to mention I had just spent a year in a coma, no more induced sleep for me thank you very much.

"I see, " I said quietly. I didn't ask anymore questions as we drove down the streets of the town, looking for a motel to stay in. Sam chose a small one with a cottage look to it. Different from our normal stops. He pulled into a parking spot and got out. He returned a minute later and woke everyone up, except for me.

"Cass? Come on, wake up. We are here." I said shaking her slightly. She groaned and shot me a look of death and sat up. Her dark hair tangled from sleep. We got out of the car and Sam handed me a key. I looked at him surprised.

"The rooms are conjoined, there is a door in the center of the wall," he explained, "I just figured you might both want your own beds." I smiled at my uncle.

"Thanks Sam." We all grabbed out bags from the Impala and went towards the rooms. Cassidy sleepily trudged behind me and leaned against the wall with a yawn as I unlocked the door.

It was a quaint place. The pale yellow and blue bed sheets were folded down so that the pillows laid on top of them. There was an old tv on the stand and a small table on the left side. I turned on one of the lamps and tossed my bag onto my bed. Cass flopped down on her bed and sighed. Mumbling something into the covers that sounded like, "Sheep have fine heads".

"You okay there Cass?" I asked with a small laugh. Again she mumbled into the sheets. "Cass, I don't speak bed sheet." She turned her head towards me.

"I said Sleep is my friend and that I hated sleeping in cars." She explained to me, her eyes drifting closed. I smirked at my little sister.

"Go to bed kid. You're going to need it tomorrow. That's when the fun begins." She sighed at my false enthusiasm and rolled over grabbing one of the pillows.