Chapter Thirty-One: Hey Jude

***** Please don't watch the video until after you've read the chapter. I mean it! **********

We don't imagine that our time to stand against a force so evil, will be one  that takes place in reality. It's always been a dream, at least for me it was. To come to the moment when I can finally say, " I am ready." But fate, well it works funny like that. Blind siding you with odds and ends that leave you in the dark with "What the Hell just happened?" still on your lips. Or maybe that was just me...

It all happened so fast , it was hard to keep track. My blood pounding my ears, my breathing quiet but shallow. Our footsteps creating a muffled echo with each careful motion.  Sam and Dean were in the front, Bentley by my side, with Bobby bringing up the rear.

The anticipation had my mind racing. After all the nightmares, late nights, and tears, it was going to end. I was going to be set free in Omaha, tonight. Above all else, Mom would finally be avenged. The time had finally come.

True, I knew this wouldn't be the end of hunting, but it would stop or at least slow down me being hunted. After all, this was what I was meant to do. Saving people, hunting things, the family business. I don't think I could stop even if I wanted to, that much was evident. Plus, I was happy with my contribution to the world...even though most people were oblivious to it, at least I knew, and that's really all that matters.

Up head, Dean motions for us to stop. Slowly, he drew the angel blade and waited.   Straining my ears, I could hear the faint sound of approaching foot steps. No sooner had the demon rounded the corner, when Dean drove the blade through its chest. It was one of the demon women I had seen in my dream. The inner flash of the dying soul lit up the skin momentarily then was gone. Extinguished from existence. The pools of black that had served as eyes receded and the body fell. The body of a woman, no more than Twenty, lay at our feet.

We moved on, listening, watching, checking for the smallest of signs. This place was even worse in real life, in the dream version I was at least invisible. The inner pull of my blood was leading us through the rotting interior, drawing us closer to Evangeline. Just like in the dream, each step grew more intense and my breathing became harder. However, unlike the dream, I was pretty turned around. I had been in the building at the start of me "out of body" expirience so coming in from the outside was a much harder task. Nonetheless, we made it to the area where it started to look familiar...no to mention hurt. When this is all over with, I intend to ask Cas why that is.  Bentley looked over at me, asking one of his silent questions. I nod briefly in response. I was okay, and I'd be even better once we were done. My thumb traced the end of my angel blade nervously.

Our blades had been given to us by Cas. Apparently he had stolen quite a few over the past years thanks to his, not so great, connections with Heaven. Sam and Dean already had some from previous encounters with angels. The blood on our blades increased as we slaughtered our way to the center of the building.

Gripping the handle tightly, I steadied myself. Smelling the machine oil, saw dust, and sulfur. Memorizing the feeling of the cold blade in my hand, my family by my side. The sound of boots, rustling clothing and hushed breathing. I needed to remember this. The moments before my freedom.

For brief second, I wished Cassidy and Castiel were here. They had stayed behind at Bobby's. When I explained the dream to the guys and where we would find Evangeline, everyone had wanted to go. But not for a single solitary second was I letting Cass follow me into this. The hunts had been different. I could always find a way to keep her safe, watch her back ,no matter what; this was a different playing field. I didn't know what to expect this time around. Had anything happened to Cassidy, I could never forgive myself. Castiel would protect her with his life, just like I was willing to give up mine to stop Evangeline. They would be well protected. Before leaving we had put the warding sigils at all corners of the house, nothing could get in and they couldn't get out.