Chapter Sixteen: Game Plan

I turned around ready for anything; however, to my relief it wasn't some being of pure evil.

"Alexander?" I was honest to God shocked. I was expecting some sort of angel or demon goon. "How did you kn- Are you Alexander Kellar?" I asked the last part of the question quietly. Being a hunter you learn to never give to much away. You can never tell who may be listening. Ever so slightly Alexander nodded his head. "Thank god! I was worried I was going to have to find you the hard way."

"Same here," he looked around us and his eyes paused on Cassidy, who had wandered off to talk to one of her new friends, "Who's the kid?"

"She is with us. Long story short she is like my little sister...or cousin....to be honest I am not quite sure how the title of that goes...but her name is Cassidy. I call her Cass." Alexander nodded in understanding. I heard the rumble of the Impala coming up the street. "Are you coming with us?"

"I am supposed to. Where is your car?"

"Just pulling in," I said with a broad smile turning around to see the car pulling up to the steps. I quickly went down the stairs and opened the door to the backseat.

"Cass! Come on!" I hollered at her, she said good-bye to her friends and ran down to me. Alexander was coming a bit slower behind her.

"This is yours?" He looked at me surprised.

"Well, its my dad's." I let Cassidy get in first then I sat next her. Alexander looked through the door. "Guys, this is Alexander. The kid we were looking for." Sam and Dean nodded in acknowledgement.

"Are you coming?" I asked when he didn't get into the Impala.

"No, I have a ride. I'll just follow you guys back to where ever it is you happen to be staying."

"Okay. Well then see ya there," I said before closing the door. Dean pulled the Impala away from the curb and left the parking lot cussing at the idiot who where given licenses.

When we reached the apartment building, a beautiful black '69 Camaro pulled up beside the Impala. I looked out my window to see Alexander in the driver seat.

"Nice car," I said as we climbed out of our cars.

"Thanks," He said with a proud smile. Sam and Dean didn't say much as the 5 of us went to our apartment. The silence was finally broke once the door was locked.

"It's good to see you kid," said Dean turning and shaking Alexander's hand.

"You too Dean," he replied with a smile.

"Sorry to hear about your mom. Jamie was a great person," Sam said a twinge of empathy laced to his voice.

"Yeah," said Alexander, looking down at his feet, "Me too."

"So..." I began slowly," You all know each other..."

"We have known Alexander since he was little. Jamie was a good friend growing up and she married Alex's dad ,Kale, another good friend of ours. We've been around him before." Sam enlightened me. I nodded in understanding.

"So since when have you had a kid, Dean?" Alexander asked turning to my dad. Of course it is the first real questioned to be asked.

"Well its March so...about 7 months ago," I responded to the question before Dean did. Alexander nodded his head.

"How old are you?"

"16 going on 17 next month," I replied, jumping onto the counter so that I could sit. ,"Yourself?"

"I just turned 16 in November." I nodded again in response.

"So what did you guys learn?" I diverted the conversation back to the matter at hand, the vampires.