Tears of Happiness

WERE NEARING THE END GUYS! TWO MORE CHAPTERS I THINK!
Enjoy the second to last chapter :3
Side note - ALMOST ON 20K READS! THAT IS CRAY CRAY! I love you all so much <3

*Lizzie's POV*
"Joel, if this is a prank I swear I will... be annoyed" I mutter, and I stumble down the pitch black corridor, being guided by Joel. He laughs at my lame threat, then let's go of my hand.
"NooooOOOOOoooo JoEL YOU GET MY HAND RIGHT N-" I shriek as he grabs my hand again, nearly peeing himself laughing. I flick his thumb as punishment, then laugh as revenge for him laughing at me. He lets go again and I whimper, but this time he doesn't grab my hand again. Suddenly a rectangle of light appears on the floor, and as I walk towards it I see it's a laptop screen. I sit cross legged in front of it and Joel appears again, presses play on a video. Joel appears on the screen, looking apprehensive. His smiles nervously, clears his throat and looks into the camera.
"Hello Lizzie! So... you're probably wondering why I've dragged you down a random corridor and now you're watching a random video. Or maybe you totally guessed what's happening, and this is all just unnecessary. Regardless, I wanted to do this, because video's are the easiest way for me to put across my feelings.
So. Lizzie. Firstly, I'd like to say, you look beautiful tonight. If I haven't told you that already then Joel, get your act together!
Secondly I want to say thank you. Thank you for coming here with me, thank you for spending three years with me. Thank you for existing... I love you.
And thirdly. I need you to do something. You can probably see a chair in the room, lit by a spotlight. If you'll sit there, and I'll continue this in person."
I giggle, flop in the chair and sit up. Joel appears, grinning sheepishly. I smile and blush, he takes my hands.
And gets down on one knee.
OH MY GOD!

"Three years ago today, I was playing minecraft and I teamed with a girl. When we died we decided to play another hunger games, but to Skype to make it easier. That was the start of something magical.
For a while I was a doucheface, I never replied to her or spoke to her, purely because I was scared shitless. I found this girl adorable, with her cute accent and her laugh. I didn't want to fall in love, because love terrified me.
Eventually I came to my senses and we spoke a lot. Finally we met, at a gaming convention. And although her lasting first impression of me could've been better -"
I giggle, remembering his dancing.
"- she's stayed with me despite my epic dancing.
I fell in love with this girl, on that day. I plucked up the courage to ask her out and THANK LORD HOLY PRAISE THE GENIES she said yes"
I smile at his use of my crazy ramblings, that he often hears me say when something mind blowing like I've discovered there's some Doritos left or I have enough butter to make my fancy cookies.
"Since then we've gone through a whole load of crap together, and I'm proud to call this girl mine."
He pulls a small box from his pocket and opens it, revealing the most beautiful ring with a small diamond in the centre and two tiny lapis lazuli gems encrusted on each side, as he's remembered they're my favourite. I fling my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek, then sit back. He starts to tear up, but continues.
"I can't promise you a lot of money, a massive house, a lot of cars. All I can promise you is me, my heart, my love. Although you've had that this whole time.
Maybe a piece of paper, or a big fancy wedding, won't change anything. But this ring, will forever remind you of my love.
Lizzie Dwyer... will you do me the unadulterated pleasure of being mine forever?" He finishes, trembling slightly.
I nod frantically and start softly crying. He wipes my tears away with his thumb, and slides the ring onto my finger, where it fits perfectly.
I kiss him gently, just beside his mouth, and then he smiles and kisses my forehead, wraps his arms around me.

I love you Joel.