Chapter Six

I stood in the middle of my room just staring at my katana. I just stood like an idiot. I didn't know what to do. Angelina was finishing getting ready, she had a combat outfit that resemble those used in ninja movies. She looked like a ninja while I looked like a military girl with a sword in her hands scare to death. She noticed I was just looking at the sword doing nothing.

"Katherine, look at me." Angelina kneel in front of me and grabbed my chin with her hand and spoke softly, like when a mother speaks to her scare child. "Don't worry, everything is going to be fine, we're going to win this and the wolves will just have to go. We'll do better than what we did with the other wolf. Don't worry we got everything we need here. I'll protect you, and this time I'll do it right. And you will be at my side, at all times. Okay? "I just nodded. I needed to get a grip of myself. I can't be like a scary cat behind someone else's back, I have to grow up and  be strong, remember those martial art classes in elementary school and try to work as good as I can while trying to copy those samurai moves in those Chinese movies without dying. I stood up and in that moment we heard a huge bomb explosion. "Never mind, I'll stay here." I sat down in a worse condition. "Don't be a scary cat! You stabbed a wolf through the neck and kicked Patricia and now you're afraid! Come on Katherine! Get up!" Angelina said. She was right. "Yes you're right." I stood up, Angelina nodded and smile at me and we took off to our position protecting the school.

Even though I didn't have any special training section like the rest of them, I knew I could make it out alive. I needed not be afraid. But I was. I was afraid because these were werewolves, I've seen in movies how powerful they are and it just felt as if I didn't have any power at all. But I guess I'll just have to get it from somewhere.

I saw the Red Blood and the White Kings positioned in the wall with their arrows firing at the outside of the wall. I supposed they were already here. I saw about five rocks in the field area that was from the school itself and the school wall, burnt rocks probably fired from the werewolves' side. I saw my group the Blue Dragons ready to attack when the wolves enter the school, the blackbirds outside the school section all over the entrance and the corners of the school and of course the green snakes inside the school, scatter around. Everyone with their respective battle outfit.

If this wasn't a bad situation with an invasion from a creature that was supposed to be dead, I would of thought this was pretty hard core and cool.

Angelina and I enter the soon to be battle field, I couldn't help but feel my hands sweating, cold sweat coming out my head and my breath hitching little by little. "What's the situation?" Angelina asked Mary who was just  behind a boulder. "Well, it's critical, the wolves have these fire boulders(pointing at the boulder in front of her),and they have this cannon?, don't really know. They are trying to penetrate the wall by force, the Red Blood have join the White kings to fire arrows but these animals just don't get enough. We're just waiting for them to come in to attack them...Hey Katherine! Nice sword!" Mary said distracted by my sword. "Thanks." I shyly said. I was too nervous thinking about everything that was going on. It hadn't even been a week and I was already in the middle of a battle field.

Everything happen in seconds. I pushed Angelina and Mary out of the way as another boulder came shooting from the sky. "That was close." Angelina breath out. "Thank you Katherine." Mary smile at me. "Where are the others?" I looked around. "They're in the front lines. They are more skilled in battle. Don't worry, they'll be alright. The headmaster is with them." Mary said. I was still worry.

In that same moment we heard a big boom  and in came the wolves. My heart felt like it was pounding like a million elephants crossing a river, if that's possible. Which is impossible since my heart doesn't beat! That's how nervous I was! My worst nightmare was here. Wolves; really big wolves much like those Twilight wolves, just like Jacob Black...but these wolves had  black fur and red eyes. Their eyes showed hatred and anger. They were clean, no blood around them which indicated that nobody was dead, so far.

In a swift moment the wolves ran towards the first line of fighters and started attacking the blue Dragons. I notice that everyone had a command for their weapons, except me..

Weapons started clashing with claws, blood everywhere some of ours and some of them. They quickly jumped on top of the vampires trying to bite off their heads. I saw how Dan protected himself and defeated a wolf that was twice his size, thankfully  the first line fighters were so good that no other wolf had been able to pass until more wolves arrive.

We started to back down when Headmaster Elizabeth appeared before us, in her own glorious way she had her hair tied in a high ponytail a sword in her hand dripping blood, wolf blood, she defended us from a huge wolf and with just a move of her hand she drew her sword and cut of the wolf's head." Girls, get your weapons, fight! Don't stand there! We need all the help! Remember the Blue Dragons are the strongest, show the rest of the school that you deserve that title!" She gave us a look that radiated power and after  that small talk we felt different, we felt... confident.

Angelina took out her staff and Mary took out her fan? What in the world." I know, weird, they're golden fans just watch and see." She smile at me and went to fight a smaller wolf and I saw how her fan sprout little knives strong enough to cut the wolf's head. It was jaw opening. "That was—" I felt a huge pain in my left side of my body. The wolf had bitten me and was now circling me like a prey. I felt blood running down my shoulder and arm. "Katherine!" I saw a blurry Angelina trying to get close to me but the wolf pushed her away from me and got closer to me. I got up ignoring the pounding in my head. I grabbed the hilt of my sword with all my force but before I could do anything the wolf's head rolled from its body and behind it stood..

Damon. Damon Salvatore. Just kidding Damon Black. He looked so... I don't know manly? I think my head is wrong, he's not my type. He gave me his hand and helped me stand up. "Thank you." I said as I grabbed my head but what surprised me was that little by little I was feeling better, I think I was already healing. If I were still a human I would had probably died. "No worries. Can't refuse to save a pretty face." And with that Damon winked at me and left.

What just happen?

"Katherine! You are alright! Thank goodness Damon safe you." Angelina stood next to me checking me up." Yes, I guess." Meanwhile we were talking another wolf appeared and grabbed Mary from the waist. "Help!!" Mary screams. I saw Dan look towards her direction just when a Wolf threw him a few couple of feet away. I heard a bone break. "No!!"I scream and I  couldn't believe how fast I got to Mary's side and inserted my hand inside the wolf chest and grabbed his heart but the stronger I pulled it the stronger the wolf's jaw crashed Mary's waist but it was over for him once I took his heart out.  Mary fell to the floor within the wolf, still in his mouth.

I had a heart in my hands, my face splatter with blood; I just couldn't believe what just happen. I was not a murdered and yet I had killed a wolf. With a shaking hand I let go of the heart and fell to my knees. Angelina ran fast to Mary's side and open the wolf's jaw and got her to safety while Dan ran up to her sister and hugged her. I was there sitting in the middle of the battlefield scare of what I just had done. "Katherine, react! Don't worry! You just saved  someone! Katherine !Katherine!" I looked at Angelina who had returned to my side. With a shaky voice I looked at her." And I also took one." I looked at the heart that was in the floor." They are our enemies, you have saved a friend's life!" Angelina hugged me and I just responded by giving her another hug.

The wolves started to retreat and were leaving the school grounds, it was almost sunrise. I could see wolves heads,bodies and blood everywhere, injure vampire healing as fast as they could. Outside the school ground through the hole there were  hundreds of wolves on the floor full of arrows and hearts in the ground.

I felt my back hurt for a moment but that didn't stop me from being overwhelmed from what I was seeing. I felt weak... all this day I had felt weak and I knew why...

What world have I entered? Am I brave enough?

*THE PIX ON THE TOP IS DAMON BLACK, JUST IMAGINE HE HAS RED EYES,XD, HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT =D

PLEASE COMMENT VOTE, SHARE XOXO

EDITED =D