Chapter Eighteen

**** Puts fighting music as a background***

Katherine's POV:

"Katherine, wake up Katherine! Do you feel it ?! Pure darkness and evil is approaching, and it's powerful! I feel our mate is worry and in danger... In pain... we have to do something! Wake up, Katherine! KATHERINA! WAKE UP! " Saphira screamed in my mind.

I didn't know what was happening, but I heard a scream.

It was Sepherus. Sepherus was in danger. And that scream woke my mind. I felt worried, I felt a hole of anguish in my heart. I jolted from my bed, feeling totally new. I felt a rush of power. A rush of adrenaline. I needed to save Sepherus. I ran towards the sound of his voice.

I didn't notice that I was not running but instead I was controlling the earth around me making me go extremely fast. I wanted to save my mate. I arrived and what I saw made my heart clenched. A man was holding Sepherus's chest, hurting him. I saw Sepherus's face of agony. I needed to do something, right now.

Katherine! Your vampire powers are awakened! Control them! My wolf screamed. She was freaking out. Crying out seeing our mate in danger.

I breathe in and closed my hands forming a blast of fire. I move my arms forward and out came a slash of fire. Cutting right through the man's arm, he let go of Sepherus's chest and taking the opportunity, Sepherus took his arm out. But he felt limp on the floor.

The man screamed in agony. "Step away from my mate!" I growled, my canines coming out and my claws growing.

I ran towards the man but in a swift movement, he got to Sepherus grabbing him by the neck. Sepherus was already unconscious. "You make another move, and I'll kill him." I stopped dead on my tracks. I growl. "Good dog." He spat. I was thinking what to do when he spoke again. "I see you have awakened your vampire nature. How pathetic. A bender. " He evilly smirked. " Why are you here? What do you want?!" I screamed. " I want you and this pathetic thing of a bloodsucker. Dead!" He said as he started applying more pressure to Sepherus's neck. I had to do something.

I had to take a risk.

And I did.

I ran towards him as fast as I could, punched him in the stomach before he could react and I don't know how I did but a rock hit him at the same time that I punched him, making him fall backward. I grabbed Sepherus's in my arms. He looked pale. My poor baby.

I'll make it up to him later.

"You little brat!" The man screamed, cleaning some blood from his mouth, he started to partially transform as well. He was... a hybrid?! "You're a hybrid!?" I screamed. "I am the original hybrid! Not like you, a false imitation of me!" He ran to me and tackled me making me fall to the ground with him on top of me. He was really fast. He punched me right in the face and he was about to do the same a second time but I stopped him. I put my arms over my head. Blocking his punches. With both my legs I put them against my stomach and with all the force I had kicked in him. He went upwards but he flipped mid-way and out came a slash of air that took all the air of my lungs.

He landed and made a kung fu stance of a crane and started running towards me, I was still recuperating myself from the knockout when I felt another air blow against my stomach. He punched me in my face with air protecting his knuckles but enhancing the blast. Before I flew backward he grabbed my feet and pulled me upwards and against the ground, cracking the ground in the process. I tried to get up. But he was already kicking me away from him and away from Sepherus.

"You are an uncontrollable brat! I can't even have a proper fight with you! How Pathetic of a hybrid you are!" I stood up and ran as fast, I still didn't know how to control this new power but the rage I felt helped me. Use your arms as if you were going to punch and breathe, imagine fire coming out of your hands and feet. That will help! Saphira instructed me. And I did exactly that.

I jumped mid-air and voila! I fell towards him with a punch a fire blast came out. But he just moved to the side and I landed on the ground next to him. I lower my legs and crossed them to knock his feet away and out came a blast of flame. He jumped in the air, but luckily for me, I was smart enough to turn around and I extended my arms with my knuckles closed and threw him another fireball that burned a small piece of hair. I was getting the hang of this fire bending. Fire came out of my knuckles. And I sent a blast his way. That distracted him for a second and I jumped grabbing him in mid-air kicking him in the head with my knee.

He flew backward a few times but what he did next shock me. He shifted in only seconds. And there stood in his place a black wolf. Black like darkness. He launched towards me at such a speed I didn't see him. So I moved my arms upwards of me and I made a rock shelter. How? No idea. I'm going by my instinct. He started hitting the rocks and they began to crack, at the end, he tackled the rock and me down. I was thrown a few feet away. I quickly got up but he tackled me up making me fly upwards, blood coming out of my mouth. He then jumped on top of me in mid-air, hitting me repeatedly with his paws through my whole body. I tried protecting myself but it was impossible.

He made a separating movement with his paws and out came water, he controlled it to create multiple needles and they all went towards my body. It felt horrible. Thousands of needles were hurting my body. He rotated himself and hit me with his tail throwing me downwards. I felt to the ground, the ground cracking as I hit it. I felt multiple bones of my body break. My breath left my lungs. I tried to turn around.

I saw him already shifted back to his human naked form, my eyes burning; grabbing Sepherus. "N-noo, plea-se," I coughed out blood. "Do-- don't -ta--take him." I begged. "You are no match for me. I will this man suffer and you will feel everything. You disgust me." Behind him, a portal started opening, and he went into with my Sepherus. "NOOO!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed but I couldn't even move. Tears overwhelming my eyes.

My mate! My mate! No! This can't be happening! I'm so weak I can't even protect my mate! NO!!! I cried and felt hopeless, Seeing the portal close. I tried to move my body but I couldn't. I had never felt this impotent in my whole life.

I saw all the werewolves retrieve. I couldn't feel my body, my soul, my heart. My mate had been taken away from me. I was being surrounded by people screaming, asking for medical help, but I didn't hear anything, I didn't feel anything. I was numb.

I wanted my mate.

Saphira was crying insanely, wanting to come out and I didn't deny her. I transformed in front of everyone. Saphira howl in sadness. I heard gasps. I started running feeling the pain of my breaking bones but the pain of not having my mate was even bigger. I couldn't make it the exit of the school. I saw Headmaster running towards me, wearing her battle gear, I thought she was going to help me, but she climbed on top of me and broke my neck. I felt to the ground feeling a sense of hopelessness.

I didn't know how much had I slept but when I woke up I wasn't cover up in needles. Angelina was close to me. I jerk up. "Where are we?" I started panicking. "Katherine, we're in the hospital. It's been only a few hours from the attack." She said slowly. "I need to go." I took the cover out of my body." No Katherine! You can't go yet! You're still not recuperating right!" She put her hands on my shoulders. "They have my mate! I need to do something about it! I can't him they kill him!" I shouted my face going red. " I know that, but you have to be okay to be able to go. We don't even know where he is!" "Well, I find him even if I have to go to inferno!"

I tried to make my way out of Angelina's grasp. I started running towards my run not caring that I was only wearing a hospital robe. I got to my room, I changed into my battle gear, Angelina all the way telling me to stop and think things through. I packed everything I might need.

I didn't have time. When I was about to leave the room headmaster Elizabeth appeared. "Katherine you're not leaving." I was about to contradict her when she spoke again. "Without a group. An elite group."

*** To be Continued***

-----

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Oh no! Sepherus got kidnapped! What do you guys think will happen?

I was hearing a battle music video when I was writing this chapter, Lol. That helped me get inspire xD

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

XOXO

Lisa