Chapter Eight

My vision started to get blurry and I got disorientated. Heat was rising all over my body. I felt sweat all over my forehead. I kneel down grasping the cool grass trying to control my pitched breathing. I felt dizzy. Was I going to die? Suddenly I felt an enormous wave of pain in my spine and in every bone in my body. That was the last I remember.

I was running away from something big, I kept trying to get away from something or someone, I just didn't know. All I knew was that I was afraid. I kept running until I hid myself behind a tree, moments later a silhouette of a woman passed by. I was able to see only a small mark in her hand. A Mayan sun. And then she was gone. I relaxed my breathing, but then someone touched my shoulder. I felt my face go pale. I turned around and saw her face. Beautiful Pale white skin with popping blue eyes. She resembled me a lot. Yet I didn't know her. "Do not worry, you will soon find out the truth and we will meet Katherina." All I could say was: "My name is not Katherina, it's Katherine." She smiled at me. "Promise me you will protect and love yourself no matter what people tell you. You will accept your double nature. Do not worry, sooner or later you will see the changes in your life. I love you my child, Don't forget that. "

With that I woke up a little bit startled but I was fine. I felt different.

When I woke up I was in a hospital. I had cables all over my body. Right next to me was Angelina. When she saw me open my eyes she hugged me. "Oh Katherine! I was worry sick about you! You've been unconscious for a week. " A week? It felt like years.

"What happen?" I got up from my sleeping position. She gave a glass of water. "Well, you passed out in the middle of the forest, Damon and I brought you to the hospital, you had a high fever to the point that your skin was turning red. Your bones were cracking a lot, we thought they were breaking so we brought you here with a cloth sack all over your body.We still don't know what happened. . Your body, it's completely different from the anatomy of a normal vampire. It's still unknown. We don't understand what happened. The doctors have made a lot of exams on you. We still have to wait for the results. But I'm glad you're alright. "She started crying. "Thank you Angelina for your support and care for me.

Minutes later a doctor came and he gave me a checkup. He told me to come next week in order to see if my body had regain normality. They told me that one of the abnormalities that I had, of the many strange things that were happening to my body; was that my fangs had already grown and they were longer than usual vampires. He told me to try and be careful and not be close to blood. We didn't know how I would react. I of course told them not to worry.

We were getting out of the hospital room, when we saw Mr.Sepherus. He was standing all so casual, white t-shirt, black jeans. He looked good.

"Girls, Katherine, how are you feeling?" I saw worry in his eyes. "I'm feeling quite good. Actually I feel great." I was pretty amazed at my situation. I felt awesome, unstoppable. "Alright Katherine, whatever you need, tell me. Now, girls if you want to have the day free so that Katherine can catch up, that's alright." "Umm, actually, I would like to go back to class. Today is... Wednesday? Don't we have martial arts class and hunting? I feel like I want to blow some steam. It's weird. I have a lot of energy. " I was feeling over excited and with adrenaline. It was great! "If you wish. But Angelina take care of her. And if she starts feeling ill bring her back here. Alright? Now you girls have a great day! See you in hunting class. " Angelina nodded and we said our goodbyes.

"Angelina, When I was asleep, I had this dream with a women. She was beautiful. " I started to tell her. "And how did she looked like?" "Well, at first I only saw a mark in her hand like a Mayan sun, and then I saw her face, she had extremely pale white skin and blue popping eyes. She was beautiful, And somehow I felt we were related. " Angelina stopped me. "A rising sun? There is only one person with that mark. The queen."